Thread: More than 10 connections

More than 10 connections

Does anyone know how to increase the # of Inbound connections to a network drive in Windows 2000 Professional.
    We have some software that doesn't play well with Windows 2000 Server and when we installed it and tried to map everyone to the drive on the Professional Machine we got this error"No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept. " 2K Pro will only accept 10 connections and we were hoping to find a registry hack that will allow more connections. If this is skateing around the issue of piracy too closely just let me know and I will delete this post.

Thanks
    Will

you can't have more than 10 simultaneous connections. that's just how it is. if you need more than 10, MS says to use 2000 server.

here's a possible workaround from MS:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/122920/EN-US/

i remember a way of hacking it

but... i forgot how, cuz it was of no use to me

just do more Googling if you still want to know

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Midknyte
    Thanks for the link but I already shot that one down before I posted here. We are using 2000 Server but everytime a certain Accounting Database query is ran it crashes the entire server. It runs fine under Pro. I am continuing google searches but thanks to you and Allgamer for you suggestions.

Will

[Edit]
    Nevermind. This utility is only for IIS
    [/EDIT]

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;232068

I used it on a 2000 machine but have not tested it to see if 40 connecitons were allowed. During install, some 2000 files were older than the utility needed. I kept the old files and the program ran fine. Once installed you have to run it from the C:\Program Files\MetaEdit directory. No shortcuts are created.

Simply open LM, W3SVC, MaxConnections. Do not go over 40 or you can ruin your OS install.
    Last edited by rraehal; 03-21-2005 at 07:54 PM.
    -- Mathias

Thanks rraehal,
    I did consider that but I'm not sure it would do what I needed anyway. Anyway thanks for the answer and I will be back tomorrow looking for the answer, But it is time to call it a day.

Thanks again
    Will

XP-Antispy

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2062.html

Once you install it, click "special" then select "connection Limit"

This will allow you to increase the connection limit. It works in XP pro, I have not tried it on 2000 pro so get to testing it out! Also, let us know if it works.

http://xp-antispy.org

Hmm. I knew about that program, but i didn't know it did that. I'm pretty sure that's not acceptable under the eula, but you can try it.

Is the server you are using just for this program? is it a DC or just a member server? if there are other services running on the server, then that's probably what is causing the problem, not the OS itself.

hey this is a very nice little utility
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5