Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Free Mobile\Cell Phone Themes, Ringtones, Games?

Free Mobile\Cell Phone Themes, Ringtones, Games?

Anyone know of any good free sites? Here's a couple to start the ball rolling.

Sony Ericsson Phones!

All different Makes!

Share people!

Here's some games in the various threads: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...30&forumid=160

BTW anyone else here a cell phone enthusiast? I hope I'm not alone!

You're not alone! I'm obsessed with phones as well. A question, do you favor CDMA or GSM?

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Calrath
    You're not alone! I'm obsessed with phones as well. A question, do you favor CDMA or GSM?
    For our area, it has to be GSM. Everyone is migrating to it now.

What the h£ll is CDMA? Is that the old analogue network?

I say "Old" because the UK has had GSM for 7-8 years now.

Ultimate Member
    CDMA is the digital that was out right before GSM.

Hmm, well it seems like I'm the CDMA guy here. In the UK, and most of Europe, there isn't a CDMA network, so this question does not apply.

GSM is actually older than CDMA. Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) is a spread spectrum technology first depoyed in Asia in 1995. Voice capacity as well as data rates are mcuh greater than that of GSM.

r8500, what everyone is migrating to GSM from is TDMA, an old digital technology that GSM is actually based on. GSM is pretty much at a dead end using the TDMA air interface. In some parts of europe and japan wireless providers have migrated from GSM to 3G WCDMA, a form of CDMA based on the GSM core network.

CDMA carriers here in the US such as Sprint and Verizon are upgrading their networks right now to support the next phase in CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO. Data rates with EV-DO peak at 2.4Mbps!

Ultimate Member
    Ops, my mistake, you were correct. I was thinking of TDMA.

Yahoo has a free section as well

forgot URL
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

We actually do have 3G networks available here - have had for the past 2+ years! but no one uses it much because the network connection is so hit-or-miss.

It's only stable in big cities right now so it's only really used by businesses for laptop connections & Posuers for bragging rights. On the whole though it's impractical when Enhanced GSM serves the purpose so well & is lots cheaper to boot.

Vodafone 3G\Mobile Connect

Hutchinson 3 Network has been around since 2002.

Other networks - O2 & One to One - have recently gone 3G too.

Last edited by Strawbs; 03-15-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Sorry: Enhanced GSM is better known as GPRS.

In this form it has been around for about 4-5 years & will eventually be superceeded by 3G - only when network coverage is up to scratch though.

So we actually have three types of network over here: GSM, Enhanced GSM & 3G.

Last edited by Strawbs; 03-15-2005 at 01:46 PM.

I wasn't sure if this should stay in General, but I guess the other mods don't mind.

I just use a data cable to my phone, so I can use custom midis or mp3s. No scrounging for me.

here's a site my friend recommended:
    www.myphonefiles.com

I thought that because phones may well be the next generation computers "General Tech" would fit nicely - I'm not trying to be a smarty pants or anything.

I prefer to use Bluetooth to connect to the PC! It's a lot more convienient than having to jack in or point your phone at an infra-red dongle IMO, and bluetooth adaptors are cheap now-a-days.

I don't have bluetooth on my computer, so I'm SOL on that point. The data cable wasn't that expensive, since it came with sync software too. It makes the phone almost like a pda, but I don't use that feature too much except to backup my phone numbers.