Thread: Sticky WindowsXP Pro SP1..........

Sticky WindowsXP Pro SP1..........

Hi,
    I m having a strange problem. I m having WinXP Pro SP1. In my PC My Computer, My Documents, Recycle Bin, Internet Explorer (only these 4 things) take about a minute to open. I mean once i double clicked the respective icon it take about a minute in opening the respective window. In between there is no activity; harddisk is not busy, the busy mouse pointer is there for several seconds. Even opening second window of same application takes same time.
    I have installed Ad Aware SE Personal edition 2 days back and scanned my PC and deleted all the Ad wares, dailers etc. After which this problem arise.
    I m not talking bout my computer running slow. All the other application r working as fine as ever. Boot time is about a minute. Every thing else seems fine. Plz Help.

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Try the system restore to bring you back to a point where everything was working rite. Or run those spyware apps in safe mode a couple of times also d/l spybot and update your antivirus and run them in safe mode see what you get.

Don't count on just adaware. run ms antispy and spybot also.

you didn't say that you ran an av, either. did you at least patch your winxp sp1? if not, then you could have a worm.

Antivir or AVG would be good to start.