Thread: Logitech MX1000 settings?!

Logitech MX1000 settings?!

Hello people, i just got myself a nice logitech MX 1000 mouse and im trying to get it to perform the best it can...
    so, here are my questions:

1) Should i connect my mouse in the usb 2.0 or the ps/2 port?? Which is faster, which takes less cpu resources and which to prefer after all?

2)Should (if i go usb) change the rate to 250Hz 4ms?

3)Does the Logitech Setpoint s/w that runs in the background take extra resources from the cpu (apart from memory)?

4)Should i leave the mouse on the base/recharger every time i'm not going to use it for a while (like, for the night)? or should i first wait for the battery to go down to low level and then recharge it (that is, to avoid many recharges)?

5)Do u think the problem with raising the mouse to center it (like when playing fps games) really exists?

Thanx so much in advance.
    Attention to Perfection

1. It doesn't matter. Resource use is the same. The mouse is not a high-speed device so USB 1.1 is fine.

2. If you want more precision, yes.

3. I wouldn't run it.

4. Let it drain once - then keep it charged. There is usually something in the instructions about this.

5. I have no clue!
    MS MCP, MCSE

3. you actually need to run it if you plan to remap the default keys

4. yes, now in days the lithium battery has no such problem as the old Nickel ones

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5