Thread: Adobe

Adobe

Just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 ($100) and an error is shutting down the program; (see attachment). I tried getting answers from adobe but they have no e-mail support, nor even a support forum. All help is via a long distance phone line. I am deaf and must use a relay service which is for transmitting technical information; to say nothing about time consumed in trying to transmit information with a relay operator. My call to Adobe to explain the situation consumed over 45 minutes. Their only solution (company procedures) was to purchase a service contract for $169 at which time they would allow e-mail contact.

Can someone help solving this problem; both the attachment error and the "procedures" of Adobe. In the meantime, be advised of this company policy BEFORE purchasing Adobe products.
    Attached Images Attached Images

have you tried here?

http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html

and specially here

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

select
    Adobe Photoshop Elements Mac & Win

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    If this is xp your talking about then try going to folder options/view and turn off the thumbnail cache see what happens. Could also be something similar in elements to turn it off.

Thanks for the fast reply fellas;
    AllGamer; I had already gone to both web sites. Neither listed my problem. One was so lengthily that the only thing I got out of it was to reinstall. The forum site was even worse as I could find no way of getting into it in order to post a new message and the old ones again did not apply.

rangeral: I could not find folder/options anywhere in either XP or Photoshop. Would you have any idea as to how I might find it in either one or both?

Folder options is in control panel or when you open windows explorer go to tools on the file menu up top and you should see it then head over to view tab and scroll down.

Found it: It I believe you are referring to the one stating "Do not cache thumbnails." It was blank and I did put a check mark there. Did I do right?

Yes now check elements again see how it works and or look in there for similar option maybe history, recent, scratch space etc.