Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6800GT recomendations

I have the leadtek A400GT card.

So far, I have not had any problems with it. I am using guru3d.com drivers and rivatuner/oc'r with the card without any issues. This card overclocks like a charm. I have it just above the ultra settings (425/1100). The card at idle is 52-54C; 71-75C load. I have plenty of air flow throughout my case, therefore I don't think that heat will be the issue. I think that it would be it the card's heatsink. I have to admit that the copper heatsink makes the card very heavy. The card with the heatsink is heavier than my CPU's heatsink (Zalman 7000B-Cu). Perhaps, the heatsink separates from the GPU over time.

Midknyte could you inform me about these RMA's. The RMA'ing of Leadtek cards is a new one to me. Generally, leadtek has had a pretty good reputation with their cards in the past. I was basing my previous experiences with my older Ti4200 card and MX400 card. I have had decent luck with these cards and have been able to clock them fairly well.

check out the forums at driverheaven.net and mvktech.net. I've seen a couple threads at techspot and anandtech forums too. maybe you're one of the lucky ones.
    Last edited by Midknyte; 02-11-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks Midknyte,

Very disturbing if this is happening "en mass." Considering how expensive the 6800GT product is, I would think that Leadtek would be more coopertive with the customer. However, companies change over time as management thinking changes about the bottom line. Reminds me of the old demotivator.com inspiration (Apathy). http://www.demotivators.com/demotiva...24x30prin.html I have considered that many of the companies are not very receptive to people and RMA's, but I have to reconsider my thinking about Leadtek.

More than probably, it was a mistake in the manufacturing plant with the 6800GT and 6800GT LE lines. Not too long ago another manufacturer (don't remember right now) had a problem with the wrong product placed in another product line.