Thread: Best RAM for Asus A7n8x?

Best RAM for Asus A7n8x?

I was just wondering if anyone who has the Asus A7n8x can make a suggestion on some good compatible memory. I'm looking to get some quality 333MHz or 400MHz to handle the latest games like HL2 and Doom 3 and my budget is $60-100. Thanks!

Do you have an athlon board??

The problem is ...you need at least 512 of good PC2700 or PC3200 ( 333 and 400 ) ,and 512MB will run you over the hundred dollar limit I think.. that is if you want Good memory.

Maybe a stick of good 333MHZ is more than likely the cheapest and I would look at Crutial ,OZC,or Corsair.

Kingston is OK if you must....What is important is the timings....the lower the better.

Go to the NewEgg.com site and look over all the differnt memeory makers and what they sell ..and then read the reviews....for the one that fits you best.

Its always wise to find out what the Mobo manufacturer suggests for a compatible choice.

Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ten...this is all you need.

I have a A7N8X Deluxe for almost two years now. Bought Crucial DDR PC3200, two sticks of 512. Never had a single issue...

http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpe...64Z40B&cat=RAM

Crucial has a 100% gaurentee it's 100% compatible with your system....

Thanks Dajogegr, I was looking at Crucial anyways and you just helped me make up my mind!

Similarly I have ASUS A7N8x Deluxe for well over a year and have never had any probs with Crucial 2x512MB ram. Initially I skimped and bought Twinmos and it was a complete nightmare whatever you do avoid twinmos.

T

Good experience with A7N8X v2 DLX and 2x512 Corsair TwinX series (CMX512-3200C2 v1.1)
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

At New Egg as of right now, 512mb of quality brand name PC3200 started at about $65 and up.

There's no need for the expensive RAM intended for overclockers unless you're going to overclock. The inexpensive lines of the good brands will do just fine for normal people.

Izzy's list of approved brands: Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, Mushkin and Samsung. And there are a few others that have a good rep that I haven't tried yet, like Geil and OCZ.

Agreed.

Just stay clear of generic RAM from sites like pricewatch....