Thread: Blue Screen while gaming

Blue Screen while gaming

Hi,

This is the second time in 5 days that this has happened. While playing a game my computer shuts off and i get the blue screen with the following error code:

0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xe3c0737e, 0xf35c3ae4, 0x00000000)

The first time it happened i tested my Ram with memtest86, Scanned my HD with a WD utlility and scan disk. The fan and heat sink are clean (i usually clean the inside of the computer every 2-3 weeks). I scanned for viruses(norton), spyware and adware (S&D, adaware). I aslo had a log of hijack this checked and it seems that there is no problems. The last thing i installed on my computer was firefox over 2 weeks ago and i doubt this is the problem. No new hardware added recently.

System specs:
    Win Xp pro SP1 (updated completely excpet for the SP2 patch)
    Intel Pentium 4 2.60Ghz (not overclocked)
    Asus P4S8X
    Kingston 512 Mb 333 Hz DDR PC2700
    Antec 350 Watts
    Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti 4400
    Sound blaster live

Edit: I have the latest drivers installed as well as the latest Direct X.
    Last edited by wolf20; 01-19-2005 at 02:42 AM.

Banned
    Well i guess it looks like your memory is weaken, becuase if it did it when you did memtest, hope it get works out your rig is very good ,except the video card, but not bad!

Ultimate Member
    I've learned that memtest very often does not generate an error even though there is indeed a faulty ram stick. I've found that a better test is to run Prime95 tourture test using the "blend" testing method which uses up quite a bit of memory. Just last week I had a client that complained of random reboots. My gut instinct told me this was a memory issue becuase i've expierenced the symptoms of bad ram and this was it. I ran memtest for several hours with no errors reported. I even went into the options and had it do ALL the tests instead of the default ones, still no errors. Still not convinced, I ran Prime95, and sure enough it crashed on me about an hour into it. Subsequent tests generated errors or a crash well before an hour. I swapped the stick and he heasn't complained of issues since.

Now i'm not saying your problem is memory related, just telling you not to trust what memtest says.

So far i've been running it for 2hrs no problems yet. The readme says 6 to 24 hrs for a proper test so i'll report back in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Does not look like its the Ram, had Prime95 running for 12 hrs and no issues. I rebooted my PC to check my Bios settings and after it turned on i got an error report from winxp saying windows has just recovered from a serious error.

The error code was the same and after sending it to Microsoft i got redirected to a support page saying the problem was probably NVIDA drivers.

so heres my question: I normally get my drivers from Ledtek's website, should i reinstall that or use the one that MS reccomands (from the NVIDA site). Also what was the name of the program that completely unistalls Nvida drivers?

Ultimate Member
    I would get drivers from nVidia's web site. There are several programs that will wipe your drivers. The one I use is Driver Cleaner 3

Thanks Ramon, Looks like that was the problem after all