Hi all, I've been working on this prob for a while now and have been unsuccessful in getting solutions or answers. I've been on this site for a while now and have learned much. I'm a little shy on posting, but read everyday.
I've recently upgraded my psu and a few other things. The psu has now presented a new problem. It came with a few new wires that aren't currently being used. They are, however, crowding the case. The psu is a perfect fit as I ordered it from pcpowercooling and it was the only one available at this level. I have an 8200 Dell Dimension "clam shell" case. I do not feel comfortable closing it. I cannot see what is going on when closing it. I just upgraded the rdram and it is very expensive. I'm not in the mood to break them or anything else of course. I've thought about cutting out the side and putting a window in, but I would rather buy a case with a door and be able to see inside while comp is running. Wouldn't mind having more than just a psu and hsf blowing out hot air.
My other concern is the front panel. Do I find a case with similiar connections, desolder the old ones and then solder them to the new case? Not sure about cable lengths and to how to determine if mine will be long enough for the new case. If one of you were in my shoes, how would you go about solving this worst case scenario? Just leave it open? ugh! Takes up space. Kind of an eyesore. What specifications should I be looking for? I've posted a link to some pics. Have no fear, as these pics don't go over 58k. Hope these help. http://webpages.charter.net/wardrobe