Thread: 3dx Voodoo Video Update Problem

3dx Voodoo Video Update Problem

I just installed Roxio Videowave on my computer and I keep getting the message to update my Direct x 9 software. It says it's 3dx Voodoo3 but when I went to update it it still won't work. I updated thru Microsoft and my Video manufacturere. Even after I rebooted my system. What do I do now?.....
    Last edited by Angeejay; 12-30-2004 at 10:42 AM.

Voodoo 3's are fairly old, I'm not sure if newer software will work with it. You could try this driver (which claims support for Direct X 9): http://www.x3dfxgamers.de/wbboard/in...caf16bb64634a7
    Last edited by bob05; 12-30-2004 at 02:11 PM.

Most probably change your video card. You may -- I emphasize MAY -- be able to find some DX9 compatible drivers for the V3 at voodoofiles but the card itself is DX6 era technology. It's going to be very slow in anything that requires post DX6 level hardware if it can even do it.

Also, since 3Dfx has been out of business for a long time any driver updates are done by enthusiasts and come with no guarantees. Good luck.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

Thanx...... That's what I thought.