16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 43.75%
  • No

9 56.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reasons not to test on animals

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    Bad Boys,Bad Boys, wotcha gonna do, wotcha gonna do when mirelando comes for j00
    I'll have my girlfriend cop bring her handcuffs with her and....ooops that's a personal issue...

Banned
    Originally posted by mireland
    I'll have my girlfriend cop bring her handcuffs with her and....ooops that's a personal issue...
    ho, is this why you haven't been to the girlie bar lately...

Banned
    i don't really see the difference...

or

Originally posted by porsch1909

right....animal testing. that thing you said wasnt actually animal testing if you think about it. animal testing would like putting make up on a cat to see if it dies or wether it can attract a nice girlcat

that was more using animals for comercial purposes. they werent testing anything they where using them....im guessing they have already done the testing.....anyway im against having to unknowingly have to smell cat testicle.
    That would be true, except I said reasons, not actions against animal testing. How do you think they found that out? Also, if it leads to things like that, is it really so great.

Perhaps I confused the issue by raising two questions.

Just confused it I think

There are several things that we do to animals, some are absolutley dreadful like those caged bears in china and ripping ut a Civet's testicles, but other stuff is very worthwhile.
    Most anti-cancer drugs for example, are trialed on mice and stuff, well befoer they ever get to human testing. This is generally considered a good thing though.

Originally posted by zybch
    Just confused it I think

There are several things that we do to animals, some are absolutley dreadful like those caged bears in china and ripping ut a Civet's testicles, but other stuff is very worthwhile.
    Most anti-cancer drugs for example, are trialed on mice and stuff, well befoer they ever get to human testing. This is generally considered a good thing though.
    I always like it when they say someting like" in Mice they found such and such prevented blood clots or some other good deed"..now if only I was a mouse...

Theres a bit of a difference between mice and humans, but I guess that using chimpanzees gets too expensive.
    After all, if you loose a mouse, you just leave a piece of cheese in the testing lab, but it costs thousands to obtain a new chimp, plus they bite and smell a lot, if a mouse bites you, you probably won't even notice it.

Also, when the mouse dies you can just flush them down the bog, you can't do that with a chimp without cutting it up first.

In this case...definately not
    If the police were to catch my neighbor carrying dead cats to the garbage, ask him what he doing with the dead cats, and told the cops he was making a home brew musk from cat genitals, he'd be arrested for animal cruelty...so what's the difference. He probably needs a liscence to be an *** ****!!!

depends on what cosmetics they are testing on the animals, now if it was dog shampoo tested on dogs - i would have no problem with that

Originally posted by zybch
    Also, when the mouse dies you can just flush them down the bog, you can't do that with a chimp without cutting it up first.
    I can honestly say I have never visualized cutting a chimp up into pieces small enought to flush down the toilet until now.

Thank you for that image
    Just A Curb Side Profit

Originally posted by Tony2005
    depends on what cosmetics they are testing on the animals, now if it was dog shampoo tested on dogs - i would have no problem with that
    But tested on cats, well thats just plain sick and wrong.
    I suppose they could be tested on Paris Hilton with no complaints