Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles Of Riddick for PC....thoughts..

best buy has this on sale now for $24.99 get it while it's hot.
    I still say xbox is better!
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

Well i just looked over the current Gamespot clippies and the reviews for PC range from 89-94 . Superb rating was over 45%...which is pretty good....

They state that the PC graphics have bewen enhanced to optimal levels and they are better than the XBox...

here is a clip....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

gamespy link 5 star rating javascript:ol('http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-chronicles-of-riddick-escape-from-butcher-bay/572714p1.html');
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

i hate vin diesel. he is the cheesiest actor ever.

Cheesy actor, but this game has got some fantastic reviews, who knows this may be the break in Movie to Games garbage that comes out, its very Rare that a Movie has made a good game, but in this case It looks like it has been pulled of.

PS: what engine is this Game renderd on?

Originally posted by porsch1909
    i hate vin diesel. he is the cheesiest actor ever.
    I'd say that he gets some cheesy roles. But he's not really a cheesy actor, he's actually decent - he just hasnt had a chance to shine except for a few moments.

Chow Yun-Fat, in The Replacement killers was cheesy, in Bullet Proof Monk he was really cheesy, in The Corruptor he was perfect in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon He was great. I think it comes down to the director/story in the end.

Related to thread:

http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/th...tcherbay.phtml

Not taking the offensive, but being fair about the whole thing, I have to disagree about Vin Deisal being cheesy.. He pulls off the roles they have given him exceptionally well in my opinion and I actually like him alot....

One of the things that impressed me in this game is the character renderings ,which are very good and the graphics look better than most..maybe even on levels of D3 or similar....

I wasn't that fond of Pierce Bronslan being 007 either but they made a couple of very good games with him as a character for video games...and i suppose many other actors and movie games to follow suit in the future....

Its quite a challenge to make a game out of a movie or movie character and if pulled off,then alls good....and i see the industry heading this way for some games....

I'll probably pick this up next month. ( finances tight now )

Ever since that movie XXX ive never liked him.

his famous quote "the thing i gotta do fo ma countrey"

(purposefull spelling mistakes there)

that just was awfull.

and in the chronicles of riddick

wee kid says "are the bad guys gone yet?"

Riddick "i am the bad guy"

so cheesy im sorry. my opinion there. the movie riddick if i remember correctly had the most annoying ending did it not?

The LOTR series of games has been pretty good IMO.

I love the LOTR games, especially Return of the King for PS2. And I agree that Vin Deisel is a good actor, just hasn't been getting good roles.
    Athlon 64 X2-3800 @2400MHz
    Asus A8N Motherboard
    GeForce 6800 GT @ 410/1100
    2048MB OCZ DDR550 2-3-3-8
    120gb Seagate / 160GB Seagate HDDs
    480W Enermax Whisper II
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer

Originally posted by porsch1909
    Ever since that movie XXX ive never liked him.

his famous quote "the thing i gotta do fo ma countrey"

(purposefull spelling mistakes there)

that just was awfull.

and in the chronicles of riddick

wee kid says "are the bad guys gone yet?"

Riddick "i am the bad guy"

so cheesy im sorry. my opinion there. the movie riddick if i remember correctly had the most annoying ending did it not?

The LOTR series of games has been pretty good IMO.
    You make my point. If its those particular things the "lines" he said that bother you that's up to the director/writers. If something is wrong with his acting and every line comes out cheesy then you know you have a bad actor.

Anyway, looks like a good game.

Well, Arnold says lots of cheesy things in the movies he makes as do mnay others.... I mean, get over it! Its just acting roles....and the writers give them that so its not his fault if some of you do not like it.....

I don't buy a game because of the acting so much as how the whole game is made and comes off...

Seen XXX a few times and found it entertaining...even though the lines can be a bit hoky.... if they gave him other lines..such as whatever...they might not come across so well or maybe they would suit someone else to say..... ( got to love the music track though..its awesome with Bush and all..; They ott to play the song Adrenalin as the game theme..that would do it for me )

Your opinion...its still a free country..
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 12-16-2004 at 03:49 PM.

Got it couple of days ago ago and have played it for a few hours. Seem like an excellent game. Graphics are excellent...very Doom 3 ish (but plays far better than doom 3)....story interesting...adult...and fairly original. So far so good.....its got my Vote as a big name killer!

It 's on one of Gamespys top ten list...

Of course they have a few top ten lists in different categorys...

Ultimate Member
    Played it on the X-Box and it is indeed awesome - no HL killer, but still one of the best games of recent years- knew i had to get it, but as with all FPS games, its had to be on the PC for me (keyboard and mouse are still the weapon of choice). Plus of course the PC version has a coupel of extra levels and added content over the X-Box original as well as the nicely tarted up gfx you would expect.

Should hopefully be getting my hands on it soon-ish

--Jakk

Vin is good in a few movies.

Man Apart wasn't too bad. No one liners, and the man acts in the film.

Knock around guys wasn't half bad either, although it should have made it's mind up if it was a comedy or a mob flick.

I also dug Pitch Black, where Vin introduces us to the Riddick charecter.

I still can't believe he got waxed in Saving Private Ryan so early.
    Just A Curb Side Profit