Thread: Best Case/Motherboard?

Best Case/Motherboard?

I'm looking to build a new computer. I'm looking to get top of the line stuff. I was looking at this case (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...133-107&depa=0) and this mobo (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-505&depa=0). What do you guys think of these? Now I've never actually built a computer but I've transfered everything over a while ago when I bought my new case. Only thing I think I might have problems with is putting in the processor. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The case is ugly, but it's made very well. I would prefer a plain old Antec, which the TT case is based on.

I'm sure that the motherboard is dandy (expensive too). Be aware that it has no AGP slot. You must buy a PCI Express card.

What makes you think that mounting the CPU will be hard? Intel usually makes it easy. Which CPU were you getting?
    MS MCP, MCSE

Originally posted by BipolarBill
    The case is ugly, but it's made very well. I would prefer a plain old Antec, which the TT case is based on.

I'm sure that the motherboard is dandy (expensive too). Be aware that it has no AGP slot. You must buy a PCI Express card.

What makes you think that mounting the CPU will be hard? Intel usually makes it easy. Which CPU were you getting?
    Oh, I didn't even realize that it didn't have a AGP slot. I'm not building the computer for about another month so I'm just looking for now. For the processor I'm probally gonna go with AMD.

In that case, the motherboard is doubly wrong for you. It's for Intel CPUs.

You should look into a socket 939 (Athlon 64 FX) motherboard and an FX CPU.
    MS MCP, MCSE

most expensive does not always mean best quality.