Thread: tracking down error codes.

tracking down error codes.

hi all.

my msn messenger keeps telling me their is a problem conecting, wrong pass word, user name and such.

I have had this acc for many years and know my name and pass word. it gives an error code 0x81000370 . how do i track down what this error is. it has to be somthing to do with my machine, if i go onto my wifes rig it works as it should... if i try to sign in with her info on my computer I still get the error. I even tried the "let us scan for problems thingy, it says its all good but when i hit sign in I get the error thing.

I have uninstalled msn( every thing) re-D/loaded messenger6.2 and reinstalled and i get the same error?? as mentiioned it works on my wifes machine and I can access my acc from work?

I have ran all the AV,spyware/adware programs , ewido. and still havent figured out wuss up!!

if ya all have any thoughts on the matter, sure would like to here them.

thanks ward.

I googled it for ya! and got 4,450 hits.

Try doing it from >File, Choose "Sign In..." . Put your passport email address and password in. Sign in.

MS Solutions

More fixes to try

strawbs, thanks for the I googled it, but what does that mean. I see it a lot!, so do you just go to google and type in the error code or is their an error search page?

rocketmech, I will give that a try, but dont think its going to help.I just tried doing an on line virus scan and it could not upload( well download I guess) the new definitions, problem conecting to server? " norton " says its all good.... hmm, IM kinda thinkin virus but... ??

I will try your sugestion and let you know what happens. i did install a program called beping, its a conection tracer for conection speed. I will get rid of that and see if by chance that has sumpin to do with it, even though I doubt it.

thanks for the info.

ward. PS tried the file> route, but same thing. bummer.
    Last edited by wardD; 11-17-2004 at 07:11 PM.

This might help,
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1405.html
    Good Luck

^ Now theres a handy dandy tool !

Now if I can just get Windows to error for me...

ok its definatley sumpin on the computer(computers) the wifes machine just got the same thing hapening. 2-3 days after I got it.

the internet works as does everything else, except messenger.

I think I saw something about passwords geting messed up in an article some where. and a gal at work just mentioned her password didnt work either.

however, I have two hdd,s with differant os,s. Ipoped in the 98 drive(well pluged it in) and messenger works fine on it. so I dont know if that is the issue with our xp drives. but now that I think about it, the gal from work runs 98. hmmm, I dont think she used it much so it may have been de activated I will have to ask her. I think if your acc is inactive for 60 days its deleted.( not sure of the actual # of days)

has anyone else been having any weirdness happening with their msn or more spacificaly their hotmail?

thanks for your thoughts.

ward.