Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Half Life 2?

I don't understand how people can say that the graphics of Halo 2 are better than the original Halo...its on the same XboX system, therefore the game cannot have increased system requirements, or else it just wouldn't run.

I agree with MJ its the same game with a small bit of spit and polish nothing more, the screen shots don’t look in anyway different from Halo1, I’m sure its a good game for the followers, but to be honest I think Halo1 Sucked, a bit blunt of my half yes but I honestly hated that game with a passion.

Oh and for the record, I’m eating my words from prior posts, I think HL2 is far better than doom sound wise graphics wise Gameplay supper game, and IMO its more than likely going to be the best FPS to date.

Twas me who said they where identical first. I dont hate the game. im guessing you played it on PC....which it sucked on. the XBox version was great though.

I got my HL2 copy currently im 'unlocking HL2 game file' im soo excited. How does that guy look so cool with those gay glasses on. im going to get glasses like that....sod contact lenses!!

Wow, I just noticed, has anyone used the gravity gun to shoot a paint can at a zombie and observed he results?

do you get the gravity gun at the start of the game? I hope I didnt miss it, I remember seeing the preview for the game and where I am now if memory servs me correctly they had it then?.

This game rocks!!! The graphics are simply amazing - the textures so sharp my eyes bleed. The atmosphere.... and the sounds and music......... :-) i love this game.

Nope, you have to play for a bit before you get the gravity gun. And when you do, it makes everything so much more fun

OMG the best game ever.....by a long way!!

ITS SIMPLY AMAZING. Beats the living daylights outta doom3!

my favourite screenie ive taken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah that is a pretty cool picture...

http://users.wpi.edu/~mattc/images/d1_canals_1.jpg

That's one of my favs so far...if it weren't for the crowbar i'd think it was a real image.

another one of my favourites

before i got a crowbar.

Valve has raised the bar so High i dont think anything or anyone can get even close to this accomplishment...
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

I know I mentioned Halo and HL2 in the same sentence, but I did say HL 2 looks nicer (not to mention IS nicer). The first half (I'm guessing) or at least until after Nova Prospect, those outdoor areas have to go IMO. The engine is great and so are the physics which is why I think they left all the shrubbery out or off the playable map per se as in the cities and indoors the game is beautiful and the level layout is great. It goes back to old run and gun style where all that other stuff like aiming isn't needed as you can still run around a corner and level your enemy without the need to peek. Just until Nova Prospect, there is quite a bit that goes FAR off from this without adding those things that are needed IMO when you really open things up outdoors. I'm enjoying after Nova SO much better than before it. I know a review kinda hit on the latter levels as not being as good - wrong, they are way better thus far.

I hate snipers though... you seem to need to use explosives on them as even crossbowing the window or spraying it (while a shot is coming off, and the beam is still lit) seems to do absolutely nothing. I'm at Follow Freeman right now and the snipers are what just sent me to here while I could take care of them, it was getting a bit ridiculous health wise (for some reason I can't sprint and strafe with this keyboard in this game only, most it is only left I can't do it, with this one, it is left and right).

Banned
    yeah this game is amazing. the graphics are awesome. this is the first game that i play how has 16.9 wide-screen, i just wish it had more choice for the resolution, it only has 848x480, i usually use 1280x768, but awe we ll. it looks pretty good that way. they did a very good job on that one...

here's a pic of the main menu after you get a little fearter in the game...

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    I don't understand how people can say that the graphics of Halo 2 are better than the original Halo...its on the same XboX system, therefore the game cannot have increased system requirements, or else it just wouldn't run.
    I haven't played Halo2 as i have no interest in it or xbox, but it is definatly possible to get better graphics on the same hardware. Its all about coding. If you can get your code more efficient, you can add more eye candy and maintain the performance. Similar to how GT4 is suppose to have considerably better graphics than GT3 even though they're both on the same PS2 system.

FWIW... AA and AF make a huge difference in this game. In an earlier post I mentioned running at 1024, max details and 2xAA/AF and getting 40-70fps on a 9800Pro... I was mistaken, i was actually getting closer to 70-100fps. I'm now running it at 4xAA/AF and still getting frames just slightly lower.
    Last edited by RamonGTP; 11-18-2004 at 04:45 AM.

someonestupid... I hate snipers also ,unless i am the one doing the sniping then its real fun....

Are you saying that in the game the weapons do not have sighting capabilities..??? If thats so then that would just xxxx.

I am going to get this game a month early and try to get it next month as I do not think I could read all of this and bear the hype any longer.... besides,its my birthday month anyway..so happy birthday to me. ( besides no one in my family would buy this for me..I don't think )
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS