Thread: installing xp on 2nd partition?

installing xp on 2nd partition?

Just wanted to check to make sure I did this right. I made 3 partitions, (with partition magic) first is my main win98 operating system which has partition magic program on it. Second is a partition that is ready to install winxp pro (I haven`t installed it yet. Third partition is win98se on it. I have installed boot magic so as to boot one of the three. I have all the system requirements for all, but want to make sure that I can install winxp on the second partition. Am going to click on winxp when boot magic ask me which operation system to load and put in the winxp cd and install. I just want to be sure that I can do this without effecting my main win98 operating system on the first partition. Does it sound like I have anything to worry about?...............thanks for any advice........Ray

You can install an OS to any partition you like, but you should install the oldest OS in sequence first. Then there is no need for Boot Magic. Windows will provide a Boot Menu during startup. W98 > W98SE > XP

I'm sure you have your reasons for putting 2 W98 's on 1 pc ...you might want to look at VMware or VitualPC as an alternative to multibooting.