Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: better than ever

better than ever

well, it's time to re-introduce myself, and update anyone wondering what happened to me. i'm a disabled u.s. navy veteran who previously lived in west palm beach, fl., and i may be remembered for a charity drive i ran that provided computers to veterans in need.

long story short...after hurricane jeanne i decided to relocate to boston, ma., and found myself here... http://www.neshv.org/ .

i also found a 80-station network in horrible shape, and jumped right in. while going through several years worth of donated hardware, our in-house MCSE and i found 7 complete dell poweredge 4300s' in perfect shape!! we are in the process of getting them on-line and bringing the neshv up to speed, a wonderfully fun project.

i have also re-kindled my old project which i'm calling "computers for veterans", wherein any veteran successfully participating in or completing his or her various programs will recieve a notebook to help with school or a complete pc to take with them to their new home. i won't solicit here, but please hit the link to learn more.

thanks,
    leed

p.s. another interesting link... http://business.bostonherald.com/bus...rticleid=53193

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Geccccha outta my wallet

excuse me?

don't know you, bro, but i don't remember gettin' in yer wallet.

i used to have a lot of friends here, been gone for awhile and was looking forward to making more

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...threadid=86876

now, your location tells me you may not be into u.s. veterans' issues, as is your right, but did i deserve the "dis" ?
    Last edited by leed; 11-10-2004 at 10:53 PM.

Please Leed, don't be offended by our token buffoon J.M...........
    Jokster but harmless. Actually kind of a good sort really, just have to take with a grain of salt.

Actually, a rather nice Brit that really wouldn't hurt a soul or offend anyone on purpose! Just likes to take his brain out once in a while and play with it.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Originally posted by Billforce
    Please Leed, don't be offended by our token buffoon J.M...........
    Jokster but harmless. Actually kind of a good sort really, just have to take with a grain of salt.

Actually, a rather nice Brit that really wouldn't hurt a soul or offend anyone on purpose! Just likes to take his brain out once in a while and play with it.

geez, you're grating...

Welcome back to the forums leed

thank you, kindly.

honestly, i'm not here to solicit, but i don't see anything wrong with guiding those who might be interested.

i guess i mostly wanted to say "glad to be back" , both to 'puter work, and the community.

any of the "oldsters" still around who remember me as "augidog", drop in and say ho-w-dy ho-o!

Welcome back leed.

My name is Richard. I currently work two jobs - one in accounting and one in IT.

Outside my job, I am a family man. Never served. Everyone else in my family did though.
    -- Mathias

Welcome back Leed! I remember your drive fondly. You're doin the right thing allright. I hope you'll hang around a bit and get the lay of the land (and the personalities )

Best of luck to ya. Stick around awhile, I may yet have an occasion to donate.

I've donated a fair bit of my time to a similar thing here is Oz, cleaning up ex-government PCs to give to those who need but can't afford them.
    Its staggering the way most governments just ignore their war veterans, as if you guys are an embarasment or something. How quickly its forgotten the debt that we all owe.

'morning, all.

that's the welcome i was hoping for.

this place i'm at is fantastic, offering a transitional services atmosphere rather than just shelter, and check this out...boston loves veterans! i get to tour the old sites, like the old state house or south meeting hall for free with v.a. identification, we have been taken on tours and given some very nice dinners all in tribute to our veterans status. i feel respected instead of tolerated in this city.

any-hoo, i've found myself with more and better computers to work on than i ever imagined, and i hope to be able to start participating in the forums, both technically and socially, soon.

Hi Leed

Welcome back....and Best Wishes.

-->Trinity.

Welcome Back Leed!

Sounds like satisfying work your doing.

Welcome

satisfying is an understatement...nothing like helping to make my brother and sister veterans' lives a little more positive. it gets me out of my head, and my selfishishness is appeased by getting to watch them move forward knowing i played a part. and today i get time-and-a-half

Happy Veterans' Day!!!