Thread: Any CoD sysopt players?

Any CoD sysopt players?

I’ve been wondering if any of you play CoD online. What kind of multi matches do you like? I’ve been playing base assault lately. I love the new ranking system in united offensive, calling in air strikes is the bomb (get it, lol). Sorry, that was cheesy. When do you guys usually play? I think it would be cool to get a server full of sysopt soldiers.

I don't think this is a real gaming forum, it is mostly a Doom 3 fanboy forum turned HL2 fanboy forum. If you mention a game other than those two, you will be met with crickets or worse.

sad but true...

I think you’re right, unfortunately. “yes, it’s going to be released next month” Haven’t they been saying that for…. I don’t know, like 16 months.

How is the online aspect of CoD? Alas, i've only been exposed to the single player part of the game. And would you recommend getting the expansion pack or no?

I personally love it. I would recommend getting it, especially if you liked the original. Might I add it’s a lot better than the first one, multi that is. The single player is definitely short, I think they put all their work into the online play. The added vehicles, mainly the tanks are awesome. There are three new match types and way more weapons. Some of the new maps are really schweet too. There is also a ranking system. When you gain a rank you get added weapons when you respawn (extra grenades, satchel charges, etc. etc.). When you become a platoon sergeant you can call in air strikes. When the artillery is ready you use your binoculars you get when you become a squad leader. Look through the binoculars, center on your target and hit your fire button. In comes the planes, and they drop a bunch of bombs on the target.

It definately sounds nice, have you ever played Battlefield 1942? If so, how would you compare the online experience of the two games?

I’ve played BF1942 on a lan before, I thought it was ok. I definitely like CoD better, plus you don’t have to use your entire keyboard to play. Some of the newer multi matches are really on par with BF, no teamwork no win. You know what I mean? That’s one of the things I think make this expansion pack a real winner. I’ll give a run down of the matches later, I’m going out with some friends to get some grub.

I hear ya, i've played BF1942 a lot since it came out, especially the Desert Combat mod. I really like just the sheer number of players that can be on the map at the same time. Especially if you are on a on a server that is taking the game seriously and the teamwork is there.

CoD also seemed to blow MOHAA out of the water. I'll have to check out the expansion when I get back from school break, it looks pretty promising.

BF1942 has been a permanent staple of my gaming diet for way too long now. I am actually playing through the united offensive expansion right now for CoD and when I am done, I guess I'll need to be checking out the newly updated mutiplayer stuff of it as well.

Love the expansion btw...

There is capture the flag and domination. Domination totally reminds me of BF1942. The one I’ve been playing a lot is base assault. I’ll list it right out of the manual to explain.

In this team-oriented mode, each team must locate and destroy three enemy bases on the map. To destroy a base, teams must assault the base installations with heavy weapons (e.g., tank shells, bazookas, satchel charges, artilly strikes) and destroy the base’s perimeter defenses. Once the defenses are down, infantry must infiltrate the base and plant charges. Once the charges detonate, the base is destroyed and the enemy loses use of it as a spawn point. Each team must defend their base against assaults, while striking out against enemy bases. Defending infantrymen can defuse charges planted in their base.

That pretty much wraps up what I’ve been doing. I just can’t get enough of this game. If you loved BF1942 and you’re looking for a new game and felt betrayed by BFV, this is it.

I definately felt a little disappointed by BF:V, more of the same for me, perhaps CoD will hold me over until Battlefield 2 comes out, *adds to the xmas list*