Thread: cs source and omega drivers

cs source and omega drivers

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm using a 9800 pro and with the cat 4.10 on 2x aa / 4x af / all high quality i was getting frequent slow downs in cs:source, now with the newest omega drivers installed i can run 4x aa/ 8x af and i get no slow down what soever

As am I, i've noticed quite a significant improvement with the new omega drivers. The AI feature seems nice, and no CCC and .NET needed is nice.

Might make the switch to Omegas. Why wouldn't ATI be able to make theirs as efficient?

I'm guessing liability purposes. The omega drivers come with built-in overclocking utilities, and the people at ATI wouldn't want their users complaining when they destroy their cards. The omega drivers are pretty much catalyst drivers with a few bells and whistles turned on or off by default:

What are The Omega drivers?
    The purpose of the Omega Drivers is to provide gamers with an alternate set of drivers, ones that have more options and features than the original sets. The drivers contain optimizations, extra features (like OC capabilities), more resolutions and internal tweaks that can give users the edge in a gaming environment over the normal drivers, which are often tailored for synthetic benchmarks. All Omega driver sets are tested (unless noted) by myself in my own PC or in an alternate PC (in the case of the NVIDIA drivers) to ensure maximum compatibility and reliability.