Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 stolen?

I dont think they're trying to hide anything other than the game itself before it comes out. They wanted it to come to everyone at once... now there will be people with it beat before it hits stores and many opinions I'm sure on forums were people will be able to read about what the game is like before its in stores... thats exactly what they didnt want.
    To be honest I don't understand your logic there - why on earth would a company want to hide it's product and release it to the market all in one go. Surely they want the largest hype they can, and the best reviews - so what if people's opinions are on forum's, if your game is good those opinions will only re-inforce people's desire to get the game.

To a cynic, the only thing I can think of is that that company know it's a pants game and are simply hoping to cash in on the name and the love people have for the previous game.

Look at Driv3r for instance, all those great reviews, all that hype, all that "this is brilliant", and then the real reviews come out, the ones where companies weren't given the game early so long as they gave favourable reviews.... Then there is SimBin's GTR, the commercial demo was leaked and then officially released - caused uproar for the game...

I don't actually see how the whole "it's been released to the net" will damage Haol2 at all. I really don't, I mean christ it's got all of us talking about it
    Stefan

DocEvi1, I read their own quotes...

they were trying to keep it a "mystery" and now others will have it before most and those who dont will be able to find things out about the game maybe they didn’t want people to know like that... just a big spoiler. Kind of like being a child and peeking at your Christmas gifts before Christmas morning...

No logic, its just what I read

I reitterate the opinions from the begining of this post: Bad game anyhow, so what does MS think? I was foolish enough to believe the hype and got the PC version of Halo. Never again will I buy a port from the Xbox until it has been released for a month or 2. If THAT steaming turd is what Xboxers call "best game ever" for their console, I'll just leave them be. Ignorance is bliss after all.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

Banned
    Are you retarded?
    HALO RULES

Im so upset itt got pirated...man you're dumb for thinking halo 2 is gonna suck.

I don't feel concern for either side. Someone obviously made it easy to steal, someone stole it. The person(s) who stole it will likely get busted, and a bunch of warez monkeys will learn the game sux without wasting money on it.

All the penalties incured (lost profits, fines, jail time) are par for the course when people engage in irresponsible behavior.

My dead friend had HL2 Beta 2 year ago, didn't notice any bad problems on HIS hardware, and he won't be getting penalized unless they want to dig him up. The fact that nearly every game and it's beta get distributed widely accross the net points to a larger problem with security in the companies that produce them.

Halo PC was pretty bad. Looked only slightly better than xbox version, and ran terrible on pretty solid hardware.

If the plan is a sub-par Halo2 port to PC then I just assume they skip it. Having Halo2 pirated probably won't effect you, and definately won't affect me since I have NO plans on buying it.

Originally posted by george4281
    Are you retarded?
    HALO RULES

Im so upset itt got pirated...man you're dumb for thinking halo 2 is gonna suck.
    halo is for console kiddies and halo for PC was just awful. Have you looked at any screenshots from halo 2? They look pretty similar to halo 1...

Ive played quite a bit of 8-man halo over the Lan, but console games just don't do it for me. If I want to play, I want the best. Computers are best.

This pisses me off.
    Dang idiots
    Halo was great Halo 2 is going to be awesome.
    Can't wait to duel wield. mmm Plasma rifle and assualt rifle
    Awsome graphics

hmm, this:

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio..._IvoryCage.jpg

or this?:

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/49...html?fromint=1

I'm more of a fan of the realistic looking games.

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    hmm, this:

or this?:

lol I know what both of them are but Halo2 looks awesome in its own right. Also I like playing realtisc games to.

I agree with ya, sort of I just hope that the Halo 2 PC port is better than the first one.

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    hmm, this:

or this?:

1st screenshot actually looks better to me, more fun too.

I think, the hl2 screenshpot lokks much better, because it is much more realistic

Originally posted by dragflameson
    1st screenshot actually looks better to me, more fun too.
    And the first screenshot looks like it could have been taken from halo 1