Thread: Paint Shop Pro goes under

Paint Shop Pro goes under

Aparently JASC, the company who makes paint shop pro, has just been bought by Corel.
    I guess we can look forward to massive bloat (which happens to ALL corel products), feature and speed loss, and increased prices.

Corel has been the touch of death for a while now.

I bet Adobe are throwing a party!

THG

Awwwwww Crud.

I liked that bit of software ( got PSP here for some if the features).

I didn't even know they still existed, let alone be in a position to buy another company. I mean, who actually uses that stuff anyway?

Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll simply rebadge PSP to Corel Paint or something, like Adobe did with Cool Edit Pro. I think I read somewhere they'll be keeping the same people on for development.

It don't make no never mind to me. I like the version 7 better then 8 anyway so any newer versions I doubt I would buy anyway. I have Corel 8 too and it way sucks compared to PSP version 1 so actually it's gonna be a step up for Corel.

If they have any sense they won't mess about with it but they probably will.

Originally posted by Black Beard
    If they have any sense they won't mess about with it but they probably will.
    Keep your old copies. PSP is one rock solid program. I don't think I ever crashed it and in 10 years of using it I have only found a few bugs that I can live with.

Got the installer for version 7 here, and safely backed up someplace, on other machines, etc.

I mainly use V8, but have 7 for use on slower PCs.
    9 has been released recently but I'm yet to get a non-trial copy just yet, so far it looks a bit better than 8 in quite a few areas, but otherwise its pretty much identical.