Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Weeeeeeee!

Pedro then Schilling

Puts it back 3-3

LOL - Thats why Yankees are not allowed to have facial hair of any kind.

But yeah, I did not see the ending either. I feel asleep around 12:30 while it was still in the 10th I think.

Magua

Schilling in his current condition is hurting the sox more than helping them, eg. game 1. Pedro never wins against the yankees, dare I say "they are his daddy "
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Apparently Schillings new high top shoe is helping alot. If he pitches game 6 he will be ready to go.

Pedro pitched reasonably well the last game, got no run support. He made some dumb comments, but he is a fighter.

There is a book called Football for Dummies....I recomend anyone living on the east side of the Atlantic get it.

Soccer is the worlds sport. I think Jim Rome said it best, and I paraphrase "all you need to play soccer is a field, a few rocks for markers, and a skull to kick around."

all other major sports require special equipment or surfaces to play.

Soccer is what it is, a fun sport to play but not as viceral as Football. That and Womens Basketball is more compelling to take in than most US soccer matches.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

baseball takes a stick some markers for bases, and something resembling a ball.

Soccer may be the worlds game. But Baseball is America's game, and that means alot more to me.

soccor (football!!) can be the most boring or interesting game in the world. i live in scotland. we have only two teams who contend, and even those two teams are full of hasbeens. so football(soccor) in scotland is pretty rubbish. the place for good football is spain. u need players with flair who make it interesting. england is pretty good for soccor(football) too. but the ultimate team in the world to watch playing football(soccor) is brazil! they are entertaining.

american football (handball) is just far too stop and start for me. correct me if im wrong but every time a successfull tackle is made they do one of those mad scrimage type things. and you guys are talking about ten innings jeezo people thats a lot. i dont think soccor(football) is boring.

now a boring sport is golf.

it's just a different lifestyle. We tend to stick to sports that where originated here first (basketball, baseball, and football)

Sports that started elsewhere are all lesser in terms of viewing audience (soccer, hockey, golf, tennis).

Every game has stops and starts.
    Soccer stops every time the ball goes out of bounds or when a player is interefered with.
    Baseball stops at every pitch.
    Football stops when out of bounds and after each play.
    I know rugby stops because my sister is on the us team.
    Basketball stops when it goes out of bounds or when there are freethrows
    Tennis stops also when out of bounds or after a serving error.
    Hockey stops during offsides calls and various penalties.

You just have to accept that stops exist.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Boston is UP lol

I agree, golf is boring to watch, but fun to play. Last time I was out I was in a captain and crew tournament. There was a keg at every hole. Man that was a good time.

Drunken golfers...now thats scary...

I bet that increased your score...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Originally posted by BadBadNeil
    it's just a different lifestyle. We tend to stick to sports that where originated here first (basketball, baseball, and football)

Sports that started elsewhere are all lesser in terms of viewing audience (soccer, hockey, golf, tennis).

Every game has stops and starts.
    Soccer stops every time the ball goes out of bounds or when a player is interefered with.
    Baseball stops at every pitch.
    Football stops when out of bounds and after each play.
    I know rugby stops because my sister is on the us team.
    Basketball stops when it goes out of bounds or when there are freethrows
    Tennis stops also when out of bounds or after a serving error.
    Hockey stops during offsides calls and various penalties.

You just have to accept that stops exist.
    i know all sports have stop and starts. im not stupid lol. but some games have more than others. and american football has a lot. in rugby there are stopps if an illegal tackle is made, or a forward pass, or knock on or if its out of play. but if somebody is tackled then the game keeps going; each team fights it out for the ball in a ruck then it keep going on until a foul is commited or the ball is out of touch, or a try is scored.

what about cricket.....now if i get anybody thinking cricket is interesting, particularly in america, i will be very surprised. i like the sport. i like to play more than watch. but i think about how boring it really is, but i still watch it and still enjoy it. im just strange. and yes there are stops and starts in cricket.

GO REDBIRDS
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

this is more and more like an off-topic thread that everyone gets post counts for

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    this is more and more like an off-topic thread that everyone gets post counts for
    Well, a mod can move it if they want