Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Weeeeeeee!

Originally posted by Magua
    In the US soccer is about as popular as women’s basketball. Neither get watched or followed.
    LOL, yeah, unless your a "soccer crazy family" nobody really follows it like baseball, football, and (men’s) basketball.

I'm from CT so a lot of people around here, including myself, follow the men’s and woman’s college basketball, UCONN

Go UCONN! i'm such a basketball dork
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Originally posted by BadBadNeil
    Go UCONN! i'm such a basketball dork
    Are you near UCONN, or maybe you go to UCONN?? Going to school with those guys would be pretty awesome, always seeing them around campus. I'm about 45 minutes from UCONN campus.

I used to go to Uconn but at a satellite campus 1997-1998 before I transferred. Always been a huge Uconn fan even when they sucked.

I'm about 40 minutes from the Storrs campus too.

Cool

Watch, the UCONN football team is going to start owning soon too now

Surprisingly they are doing good for a first team Division 1 school. Still not quite up to the higher level as we've seen with WV and BC though. All in due time

They have a good soccer team too, although as was pointed out no one cares about soccer, heh.

Basketball is starting soon, can't wait. Last year was insane, especially the tournament runs!

Yup, maybe they can pull it off again this year.. or at least one of them (men or women).

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by The Lodge
    Here ya go.
    LOL

It's ok here is where the duke team got to go after their last meeting with Uconn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BadBadNeil; 10-17-2004 at 10:36 PM.

Ahhaha

yup.

america will soon have the best soccor team in the world too. they seem to dominate most sports. but in britain american football isnt given much airtime on TV. maybe the superbowl and the skysports channels would have them. but the only american football team in scotland i know is the scottish claymores. basketball is the same situation.

us brits dont have a nack for watching and playing interesting sports. the second most watched (behing soccor) sport in britain is snooker.....hmmmmm.....thats not a sport, no exertion required. this thread is digressing really well. lets see how long until it gets closed.

Originally posted by porsch1909
    america will soon have the best soccor team in the world too. they seem to dominate most sports. but in britain american football isnt given much airtime on TV. maybe the superbowl and the skysports channels would have them. but the only american football team in scotland i know is the scottish claymores. basketball is the same situation.

us brits dont have a nack for watching and playing interesting sports. the second most watched (behing soccor) sport in britain is snooker.....hmmmmm.....thats not a sport, no exertion required. this thread is digressing really well. lets see how long until it gets closed.

soccer: I'd rather watch paint dry or my cloths dry....

WOW - Cant believe Boston won last night... what a shame - feel bad for those guys, just getting their hopes up again for nothing.

I turned it off after the 9th inning. I was thinking if it goes to extra innings new york is going to win, guess i was wrong. I'm pullin for the Sox, the yanks money is just an unfair advantage.

Is it me or are the Red Sox the more blue collar looking team you have ever seen? I've never seen so many scruffy players together at once.