Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: help with budget gaming pc!!

Ok i think people do not need the best and the badest, i think yoshi does not understand what abudget, if he he did, hew would have the best video you put like lesser card like a 9800 256meg xt is fine that is all and spend less on a video card and get i bigger crt monitor, my grammer is correct for once
    buy the cheeseman

or buy a fx5950 and buy a 17 flat crt monitor i could stand ot look into a 15 inch to play games
    buy the cheeseman

Ultimate Member
    Cheeseman, sorry but you're not too bright. You're simply NOT getting it. A 6800 is CHEEPER than a 9800XT!!!!!!!

See for yourself.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...02-323R&depa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...170-056&depa=0

The 6800 is $10 cheaper than the "budget" card you are suggesting. Not only that, but the 9800XT is actually a REFURBISHED MODEL. Meaning a new one would be even MORE expensive.

I perfectly understand what a budget is. He asked for the best GAMING system for around $650-$700. I built him one with everything he needed for $680. A 5950 and 9800XT are half as fast as the newer 6800 series, and cost the same, if not more. I am not ashamed that I have the top of line stuff, for my 6800 Ultra I was smart and Preordered 2 in June, when it finally came in July I sold one for $1000. I just sold my other for $500, and the X800 XT was a gift for my Birthday. Please do not question my suggestions with unresearched, unknowledgeable attacks. If he wants a 17-19" CRT he could take off $150 and replace the 6800 with a 9800PRo and replace the AMD64 2800+ with a AMDXP 2500+, both very good, but old technologies with no upgrade possibility down the road.
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

some one would $1000 for a video when i can build a computer $1000 they must have nothing elso to do with there moeny, i would never pay $1000 for one comoent of the comouter, my a 20inch lcd butnot a video card
    buy the cheeseman

hey go look in the dump you willl be surprise on what types of monitro you find that work fine
    buy the cheeseman

Oh lord I tried,

listen, I have allot of good things to do with my money, I just about buy every next Gen card when it comes out, I have a family a mortgage, but like Yoshi I order in advance or save my **** of for it. some of the guys in here like me, buy the next generation hardware because its what we do, its also what we call a hobby, to be honest Yoshi has clearly made a valid point, don’t argue a battle you cant win unless you have the knowledge to do so, so please if you don’t have anything good to contribute to this thread why even bother to post.

ok i give up oh this thread
    buy the cheeseman

cheese fool prvt to CraztCrusher)sure you have a family morage, does your family go on vactions ever, oh sorry wife, i have to buy this new video card )

Your answer to this is yes, I fly to Ireland every year, and dont prvt me about my family thats none of your dame Business.

just wondering
    buy the cheeseman

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Hey cheesey:

You need to email Steve R Jones and beg to be let back into this forum. Your behavior, language, spelling, and grammer are less than acceptable.

well i back as cheeseburgerman was it you that click banned

Originally posted by cheeseburgerman
    well i back as cheeseburgerman was it you that click banned
    why be a pest? and a pest with bad grammer as well??

Man...I'm sorry...but how Ignorant can one be?

I think Sterling did us all a favor.

Ultimate Member
    Well its obvious to me that from his posts he's very dense. I still don't think he gets that the card he was suggesting was slower AND more expensive than the card others were recommending, dispite the fact that so many tried to convey that to him. So this scenario is the same, he simply does not understand that he's not wanted here. You'd think the ban (now twice) would be a pretty good hint.