Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buy HL2 via STEAM tomorrow!

Oh yea, and I hate vivendi, so i'll support valve all the way

OK..points taken.... you are a little more organized and a bit smarter than I..about such things...

Its your right to be in contempt of VU...but you have to admit they put out some good games and are getting better games out all the time...

I happen to have at least three of their better offerings here ..and they are some of the best and most beloved games I got....

My experience and intrigue is only just new in reading and looking into the many corporate issues of the various game companies versus the outlet sources and its always interesting, like most of the other corporate world out there...with takeovers and lawsuits..and dealings going on,but tend to be a bit of an onlooker and just be content with remaining somewhat ignorant of these issues and let them slide...

If a game company puts out a good game I like..then thier private issues are not much of my concern right now....
    On the other hand..if i were to own stock or have a special interest group involved It would then take on a different role.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I agree that I probably shouldn't "blanket-hate" the company just for one game. A more accurate representation of how I feel is that I am getting quite frustrated that Vivendi is even mentioning how they can hold the release candidate for so long, if they have to. Part of me feels angry that Vivendi is doing this, but at the same time, part of me feels that at least some of the blame should be put on Valve for letting it come to this in the first place.

played css by a friend, some other friends have it too and some guys from my clan

. . . rediculous
    they released a BETA no.2

yes graphics are great and gameplay seems ok blabla but there are so many bugs in the game . . . if they dont change that css will NEVER beat cs
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Several of the glitches in the beta have been fixed, but seeing as this is the first implementation of the Source engine, there are bound to be bugs in it. Valve knows of this and they are already working on a patch/patches. That is the beauty of Steam, as soon as the patch is available, it'll automatically update your game files.

IMO CS: S will surpass CS 1.6 just because of the fact that CS 1.6 is by far the worst version to this date. Give me 1.3 or 1.5 any day, but then again, give me CS: S over CS anyday too...

Ultimate Member
    VU = Fools

--Jakk

Banned
    Man am i excited or what?

The big 2's are coming out this year...
    Halo 2 OH YEAH

Half life 2 which i cant play (OH YEAH)

No games for me this month as finances are just screwy right now...

On the issue of all the hate for Vivendi ...I tend to believe that usually both sides are at blame in the simple fact that again like most companies and our current legal corporate world..it just goes to figure that stalemates go on and pride is a neverending debacle.

Is money an issue with this as well?..as most of the time its the heart of any good legal battles going on...

If I was to stop and think evry time i bought just about anything I use in my life..it would take me forever to make up my mind about the rights and wrongs they do, I might not ever buy anything from anybody.

I used to have quilt feelings when I would buy a simple can of tuna fish....( remember the porpoise issue? )
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS