Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do I smell a draft?

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    Hopefully it gets passed. We don't need two generations of burger flippers back to back.
    You can't be serious. 2 generations of burger flippers...lets see. the boomers were a bunch of hippie lettuce smoking wankers who were incharge durring the ME decade of the 80s and elected an actor for CIC twice. Granted, Mondale wasn't a real soltion to anything but neither was trickle down economics. That is the disaster generation.

I am generation X. I am smarter than you, took more math than you, have a greater grasp of world politics than you, eat healthier than you, and ultimately will throw your used up *** in a home just as soon as you start going geriatric on me.

Yep, today some people fall through the cracks. Clearly, since we import most of our engineers, we have a dicipline issue. Lets work on the dicipline in the family. Kids today didn't turn America in to law suit happy land, that was your generation. We have had to deal with all your garbage for entirely too long, and the smart ones of us are kicking you to the curb faster than you can say bran flakes.

Anyone who would be so ignorant as to vocalize that a draft would be good for our youth has sevear issues.

You must not have ever served in a war, lest you wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

You must really want to punt on the whole "raising my kids" problem plaugeing your generation. Ugh, so pissed I can't even properly structure my argument.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

Are you serious about the odds Bush will get re-elected...? Heaven forbid.....

It would not surprise me in the least if he( Bushie boy ) or this this administration imposed a draft. I mean, he seemed to abuse every other power bestowed upon him.....

They ( Bush and this Admin.) underestimated the consequences and involvement needed after the fact....and even lied about the number troops we had there to the public....and at the rate we are gettig our young men and women killed over there ..it looks liek a good bet..considering no real plans of leaving are established....and the training of Iraqi troops is going badly....

The polls are almost deadlocked as we speak and if the young people get out and vote..its goodbye Mr. war monger....

In our current world order of things...it is never a good idea to just ignor the world views and the UN and think that you are morrally right for what looks to me are very inconspicuous reasons and falsehoods....

The whole of the middle east is now been open like a bad can of worms and dozens of more conflicts and radical ideas inspired ...not to mention both Iraqi innocent and US military lives lost...plus unknown others from other countries...ect...ect..ect...

Alkida..was imbedded just in Afghanistan...now they are in Iraq and many other areas...thanks to the nice diversion we made into Iraq.....

Nice move Bushie my boy.....real sweet!

The unemployment spins they make are false also.... more jobs have been lost than gained and their plan for limiting overtime to workers is a bust and does not create more jobs....
    Va hospitals and staff and benefits have been trimmed way back...;,Much needed disability pensions and medicine for the mentally challenged.....health costs are up as is FOOD and I could go on......

Republicans have always been spin doctors and if any of you have half a brain and some truthful insight..you would be able to see under the makeup and polish and wonder why you have been duped to the hilt....

Who cares about a little tax cut ( what a joke ) ..when everything else is going up and overall we are not better off at home or in the eyes of the world......

Have never trusted anyone who cannot admit they've made a mistake or even own up to a small part of the overall picture and truth of the situation.....

By the way...our National guard are supposed to protect our homefront and not be overseas getting killed for what looks like a very bad reason to be there....or if you think oil is not an issue you are sorely mistaken also......

Basicly I have always taken the middle road and been slightly conservative....but right now we do not need a radical right wing president just messing things up....

By the way I am a veteran....and very patriotic

Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 10-05-2004 at 09:19 PM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

What do you mean "Who are we?" You're in Portugal so your opinion on a draft and its effect on AMERICAN citizens is none of your concern.
    "They" are the people you were talking about, which can be generalized, as they are a common place on any modern civilization. "We" are all the others that insist on forcing "morale" and points of view on "they" who are different.

But I didn't I had to be an American to post on this thread, I'll remove my subscription right away.

Don't sweat it Bassman. Rude people post here too. Some people just don't understand what simple etiquette is all about. They need to read the first post on this forum. Apparently some people don't think we are all in this world together.

Ultimate Member scottluebke2003's Avatar
    The thought of a draft is nothing short of scary. Isn't this country about freedom? A draft is not about freedom. I am in the military and even I think a draft is a bad idea. I am getting out in 2 months and starting college, the thought of getting yanked back into active duty until further notice is not attractive, but it may be a reality. I do believe that things happen for a reason, so although I could complan, I do realize that good things can come from bad.
    ~A life without Jesus is a life that's never fixed~

Originally posted by PacNW CE
    You can't be serious. 2 generations of burger flippers...lets see. the boomers were a bunch of hippie lettuce smoking wankers who were incharge durring the ME decade of the 80s and elected an actor for CIC twice. Granted, Mondale wasn't a real soltion to anything but neither was trickle down economics. That is the disaster generation.

I am generation X. I am smarter than you, took more math than you, have a greater grasp of world politics than you, eat healthier than you, and ultimately will throw your used up *** in a home just as soon as you start going geriatric on me.

Yep, today some people fall through the cracks. Clearly, since we import most of our engineers, we have a dicipline issue. Lets work on the dicipline in the family. Kids today didn't turn America in to law suit happy land, that was your generation. We have had to deal with all your garbage for entirely too long, and the smart ones of us are kicking you to the curb faster than you can say bran flakes.

Anyone who would be so ignorant as to vocalize that a draft would be good for our youth has sevear issues.

You must not have ever served in a war, lest you wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

You must really want to punt on the whole "raising my kids" problem plaugeing your generation. Ugh, so pissed I can't even properly structure my argument.
    Trust me, pal, I am serious. You can spout off on the internet about how great you are, but Uncle Sam is going to see that you follow through with it in real life. Start jogging now, buddy, and you'll thank me for it later.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Start jogging now,

Exercise