Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do I smell a draft?

Do I smell a draft?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...eld/index.html

Hint, hint. The elections almost over and odds look good Bush will be reelected. If he is I smell a draft in the air.

from the above link ...
    When asked about any connection between Saddam and al Qaeda, Rumsfeld said, "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

But a short time later, Rumsfeld released a statement: "A question I answered today at an appearance before the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) regarding ties between al Qaeda and Iraq regrettably was misunderstood." "I have acknowledged since September 2002 that there were ties between al Qaeda and Iraq."
    Is this what is known as "flip-flopping"?

bush and everyone under his administration suck..we are doomed...

Well, if you can't find jobs for them then make jobs for them. I'm all for it. Most young men and women nowadays are too busy listening to rap music and watching MTV to fully develop a work ethic. Now they'll be forced to have one. It will do a lot of good for a lot of people.

What a ridicilous idea, no wonder it came from the GOP. I can't wait for this administration to get out of DC...the debate between Edwards and Cheney should be fun to watch, hopefully Cheney won't have a heart attack while Edwards is destroying him.

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    Most young men and women nowadays are too busy listening to rap music and watching MTV to fully develop a work ethic.
    Yeah, and that's their problem, who are we to impose another way on them?

Well, if you can't find jobs for them then make jobs for them. I'm all for it. Most young men and women nowadays are too busy listening to rap music and watching MTV to fully develop a work ethic. Now they'll be forced to have one. It will do a lot of good for a lot of people.
    Yeah, teach them to kill, give 'em a gun and a salary with bennies to use it. We'll make tax payers out of them one way or the other.

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    What a ridicilous idea, no wonder it came from the GOP. I can't wait for this administration to get out of DC...the debate between Edwards and Cheney should be fun to watch, hopefully Cheney won't have a heart attack while Edwards is destroying him.
    It was a couple of social democrats who want equal rights for women and a diversified military that introduced the bill.
    Last edited by ukulele; 10-05-2004 at 06:50 PM.

Originally posted by bassman
    Yeah, and that's their problem, who are we to impose another way on them?
    What do you mean "Who are we?" You're in Portugal so your opinion on a draft and its effect on AMERICAN citizens is none of your concern.

What do you mean "Who are we?" You're in Portugal so your opinion on a draft and its effect on AMERICAN citizens is none of your concern.
    America has the free world's army now. Portugal has a stake too. Where are they? A token presence in a non combat role does not count. A lot of other countries have the same protection. If we don't get help from all those countries we protect, soon we will need the draft.

Originally posted by ukulele
    It was a couple of social democrats who want equal rights for women and a diversified military that introduced the bill.
    The democrats that introduced it know they aren't going to get any support from the democratic party. It is the Bush administration that is now silently trying to get this to pass according to several sources:

"Rep. Charlie Rangel and South Carolina Sen. Fritz Hollings, both Democrats, who have sponsored bills to that effect, primarily as a way to protest against war in Iraq. Though both bills (S. 89 and H.R. 163) remain stuck in committee—and Sen. Hollings was unable even to garner any cosponsors for his bill—one widely forwarded letter claims the administration is “quietly trying to get these bills passed now” so the draft could begin as early as the spring of 2005." - Newsweek

*Edit* We all know this is going to get proposal is going to get crushed anyways, no point in even debating it.
    Last edited by MJCfromCT; 10-05-2004 at 08:01 PM.

Hopefully it gets passed. We don't need two generations of burger flippers back to back.

True, we are still cleaning up the mess that the 60's generation created.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    I might join up & Toss Burgers for "Uncle Tony"

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    I might join up & Toss Burgers for "Uncle Tony"
    I'll sign up and toss my cookies on bush...