Thread: Why me?!

Why me?!

Just upgraded my machine with 2 new HD s. a 120 Gb Seagate barracuda and an 80 Gb WD Caviare.
    The big one is fine and running well; the system reports the 80Gb but it's not found in Windows. XP.
    I want to partition the 120 Gb to run either win '98 or Linux (still not decided) and use the 80 for file storage etc.
    How can I get the second HD on line/view?
    Is it just a matter of FDISK ing and formatting from a boot disk? i only have a Win 98 Boot FD.

Docusk
    Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Right-Click 'My Computer' and select manage
    Go down to 'Disk Mangement' and add the HD that way. I hope that helps.
    Ben Mroczek
    Fuzion Limited

Immoral_2
    Thanks but......... read on!

Originally posted by Immoral_2
    Right-Click 'My Computer' and select manage
    Go down to 'Disk Mangement' and add the HD that way. I hope that helps.
    What a silly old f..t I am. I have had Partitiion Magic for about 6 months and never loaded it. Looked at the books and realised what i could do. Did it and it took all of 2 minutes to set up the partition ready for work!
    What an idiot. Sorry for making you work.

Docusk

Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

are they both set to "master and slave, and change the P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    buy the cheeseman

Hi Cheeseman.

No, both set to cable select. That way no probs with which is which, top of the cable is top dog! Both are UDMA, 7200 rpm
    I felt such a fool of course. I should have remembered sooner about P/magic!
    Docusk

Refurbished Computer.