Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unofficially official HL2 shipping date

Ultimate Member

Unofficially official HL2 shipping date

The long, drawn-out Half-Life 2 release date saga appears to be drawing to a close at long last, with Vivendi-Universal Games' expected to formally announce a November 26th release date for Europe, with US gamers getting the game three days earlier on November 23rd.
    http://www.halflife2.net/

--Jakk

I'm still waiting for the announcement from Valve or VU themselves....at least playing CS:S next week will hold me over

Reading that date makes me laugh at the people who swore up and down it would beat Doom 3 to the punch (or the fabled "Sep. 30" date).

November 23, the day after my Bday, good timing
    P4 3.0Ghz
    512 DDR
    80 Gig
    GeFource Fx 5900
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    Creative 6.1 6600

Whats not to love

Not November 23rd anymore...

" Rumor #1: Half-Life 2 shipping to US retailers this November 23, 2004.

Source: "The long, drawn-out Half-Life 2 release-date saga appears to be drawing to a close," says Eurogamer. Gamesindustry.biz chimes in with a similar chorus.

The official story: The always present and invariably polite Doug Lombardi of Valve: "VUG has not given us a release date."

What we heard: Did ya hear the one about the Half-Life 2 release date? What would Rumor Control be without another sighting of Half-Life 2? While the rumor mill that is the British press is well versed in delivering whoppers, this time around the sources referred to--retailers--seem credible. Our own moles to the north say many small bits of evidence from HL2 Central (Valve's offices in Bellevue, Washington) add up to a "the date nears, the date nears" vibe. However, the complicated nature of what is now a documented "he said, she said" backstory only complicates any one person's statement on the matter. To wit: The internecine fighting between Valve and publisher VU Games has been shown to be worthy of lawsuits, counterclaims, threats, and even some good old-fashioned trash talk (see GameSpot News' coverage of the Valve vs. Sierra/VU Games spat that is ongoing in federal court). Given the amount of mud that's been slung so far, it's hard to know who to trust anymore. Still, calmer minds prevail, and with the contractual rights VU Games is likely to invoke, we editors at the rumor desk reserve the right to change our tune.

Bogus or not bogus?: Yesterday, not bogus. Today, bogus. "

i cant handle this! I just want the game.
    MY POTM BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD!

Ultimate Member
    "If you preorder it...it will come"

Late Nov. still sounds good to me. I personally am virtually sure, from one thing and another i've heard/read/seen, that the final game has been done and dusted for a number of weeks now and that heels are being dragged somwhere along the line. My mind leads me to believe by VU, who look to be keen on a Cecember (i.e. Chrimbo) release. A late Nov. release is sort of a halfway house between this. The game comes out sooner, but still satisfies the holiday release schedule as it'll still be prime "shelf fodder" over the Christmas shopping period.

--Jakk

sooner or later it'll come out...i just wished they'd release CS:S sometime early this week so I can have something to play until then.

jakk that would actually make perfect marketing sense to release it at Xmas. why do america get it first thats not fair!!!

...cuz we rock

Originally posted by MJCfromCT
    ...cuz we rock

hmmmmmm.....no comment

If scotland rocked, they'd release it in scotland first But to debate that you can start a thread in off-topic

scotland far from rock. ditto that for america though.

Originally posted by porsch1909
    hmmmmmm.....no comment
    We rock the bomb. And that's all that matters (see: war)

Who's saying you can't get it the day it comes out tho? In fact, your version will be "cheaper"

- Don't Pirate.

I can just see it now.........................

I'm 91 years old (circa 2050) in a nursing home.

Nurses rush in ..................

"Mr. Baxter......... guess what!?"

..... I remove my oxygen mask........ "what !"

"Your Half-Life 2 CD just arrived !! "

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. WOW-- What a Ride!"