Thread: Search Results

Search Results

Hey all, i wanted to ask if anyones knows of a good way to get your website listed on search engines.

I have attepted to register at www.ask.co.uk www.google.com www.yahoo.co.uk

Think yahoo i did sucessfully and said in about 6 weeks it should appear only if its been selected?? its been 3 months so i guess not. Without paying a service for this simple site, anyone have any ideas?
    For the love of GOD why wont this work?

Hey there is no need to shout, i only asked a question.

Yea......... well the same to you buddy!!

The programming forum is pretty quiet, no need to give yourself an embolism. This took me a couple of seconds to find on Google:

http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/index.php

Lol i was only being sarcastic, well i suppose its all about sense of humor.

Anyways i checked out that link and read something very simular before. I know of sites that will register your site across several search engines as mine is a simple lil site and i dont wanna start changing tags ect to get site promoted as non business. I just want people from outside the gaming community to be able to search and see it. The link you provided says the same as all the others (u want service pay pay pay)

My point is i did actually register with google, jeeve and yahoo over 3 months ago and still nothing. How did you guys get your sites searchable? Im sure all the sites sysopt members have done have not all be paid subscription.

Lol i was only being sarcastic, well i suppose its all about sense of humor.
    I suppose so.

i dont wanna start changing tags ect to get site promoted as non business.
    You'll have to change something if your site isn't being added to searches at the minute. Submitting sites to Google and the rest is no guarantee of getting your site within the first ten or so listed sites, but if you try the advice in that link you'll be doing the most you can without getting your wallet out.

Ok well im gonne re-register with them all incase i did sumthing wrong 3 times over LoL, but it is sad that in sum cases choosing the "free" option means your treated as if you a hobo on charity!

Ty for your suggestion fishybawb, i will continue trying

one of the easiest things that I have found to do is get people to want to search for you.

A lot of sites like google etc, will put you on "the list" but if no one searches for you within a certain amount of time, they remove you. If interest is sparked while your site is on the list, then they have a better tendency of keeping you.

If you have been out on the web in any interest groups, many of them have a link submission page. If nothing else, these interest based pages are a place to start.

My Site

And believe it or not, I just increased my probability of being found on google by posting this post.
    "Study the past if you would define the future." - Confucius