Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bad EBAY experience--beware!!!

Actually the shipper needs to file a claim with UPS. If the item is damaged and you notify UPS of a problem they will inspect the item and issue any insurance payment to you. I once sent an ukulele via UPS and it was broken on arrival. UPS shipped it back to me, payed me generously to repair it and shipped it back again to the customer at no charge. The guy you are dealing with is most likely just an ignorant buffon who's whole life is a problem. You bought insurance so that there would not be a problem. Contact UPS concerning the matter and tell the customer that it's an insurance matter and you do not offer refunds on insured damaged merchandise. You might also inform him that your lawyer has been informed about damages to your reputation and is conducting an investigation pending a civil lawsuit against him, but you are willing to drop the suit if he contacts E-Bay and amends the negative feedback.
    Last edited by ukulele; 09-27-2004 at 07:03 PM.

Originally posted by eshort
    --emotionally, I like the physical options--but-realistically: the videotaping sounds good...except--how do u document the date of the taping (buyer cld claim item damaged by buyer after tape was prepared!).

from now on- i will state in "terms-conditions" of ebay sales that no refund will be available for any reason..that should absolve any post- sale refunding responsibilities.
    your getting scammed, I have been selling on eBay for 4 years and your situation smells dirty, let me do what he wants, and see how far he takes it. He will run out of steam, if you keep getting nasty emails save them. Ask him what church or association he is involved ask for phone numbers so you can call and explain what they can do to get the money back.
    IT’S A SCAM or someone trying to Pull a fast one on you.

Originally posted by ukulele
    You might also inform him that your lawyer has been informed about damages to your reputation and is conducting an investigation pending a civil lawsuit against him, but you are willing to drop the suit if he contacts E-Bay and amends the negative feedback.
    thats what I would do.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    My aunt fanny

What about her? Does she use eBay too?

here's the status as of 9/30...

i offered refund if buyer splits cost of sq trade mediation-and- r files USPS damage claim.

buyer has refused these terms.

Wrote mediator that i now feel issue is a scam--and asked mediator to obtain name/address/name of Pastor etc of "church" involved--also stated i have been far more offering than warranted under these conditions..

we'lll see what happens!
    ed

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Well this ain't like pulling teeth is it .........................

Mediation ?

Yawn

Here is the best way to cover your own bum. Before you send the product out, video tape it in working condition then take the video tape and mail it to yourself. When you get it, don’t open it. If you ever go to court, you have sealed proof of the item in question working with a date stamped on the envelope. The judge will see the date on the envelope, open it up and see that it was working right before you sent it out. Upon seeing this, the case will be thrown out of court. An added bonus would be for the judge to see him selling the same item.

Edit: Thanks Johnny
    Last edited by The Lodge; 09-30-2004 at 08:18 PM.

"The best way to cover your own bum."

BUM BUM BUM!!!

Actually, I only had a problem once with Ebay. I sold a guy a used cell phone that was given to me by the origional owner. The guy who bought it claimed it could not be activated because there was still money owed by the first owner to the jerks at AT&T. So I asked the origional owner if this was true. He said, yes it's true I owed $400 on the bill. So, I told the guy to send it back. He refused and said he didn't trust me. I told him I can't give a refund on something unless he returned it. He kept bugging me until I finally sent him a refund and told him to keep the phone. He was right, after all and mailing it back would have been just more money wasted. After several hundred transactions on Ebay, I figured 99.5% success is not bad. He never did give me negative feedback. However, had he claimed the phone was broken in shipment, and given me negative feedback while refusing to returning it, I would have told him to suck rocks (a cure for thirst in the desert, not what you might be thinking).
    Last edited by ukulele; 10-01-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Ultimate Member
    best way to cover your bum - don't certify it as working. You never know what may happen to it downstream.

The less a fraudulent bidder can placard on you, the worse he or she will look.

Originally posted by causticVapor
    best way to cover your bum - don't certify it as working. You never know what may happen to it downstream.

The less a fraudulent bidder can placard on you, the worse he or she will look.
    Honesty is the best policy. I go for top dollar on ebay by using honesty, carefull descriptions and great pictures and I get top dollar consistantly. I stipulate no refunds unless not as advertised.

as of 10/7: case in mediation with "Square Trade"--buyer refusing to return radio without a full refund-in his hands-first!

I have offered a partial refund IF he brings radio tp USPS for damage investigation (and sends proof of so doing)) and removes negative fedback frm EBAY. Also offered to refund full price IF USPS finds fully in my favor.

More than reasonable on my part!

Told mediator if buyer refuses this- the case is closed.
    ed

Good for you. That guy would just try it again if you gave in.

This wld be great one for Judge Judy--I sent a perfect radio and probably will end up having to refund most of the money to a party claiming radio defectrive/broken on receipt.

the issue is---how can each party prove their case? I can say the radio was perfect at shipment-but how wld i so document that in court?

keep tuned
    ed