Thread: Graphics card.

Graphics card.

I'm running a Nvidia 5900 XT 128 MB and it's manufactor overclocked at 430 MHz core clock

Memory Clock 735 MHz (Effective )
    RAMDACS: Dual 400 MHz

I'm looking for a better graphics card that I wont get worried about in some of the future games to come out.

Right now I'm hooked on the COD Series, and I can run textures high and max out at 125 FPS on the regular call of duty. However for the Expansion, I'm ranging from 20-40 and nothing really above that and it's a little choppy.

I'm only running 512 Ram, and I'm going to go get more in time, but I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card asap, any suggestions?

I'd like to stick with NVIDIA

Honestly there isn't a need for you to upgrade your video card...it is quite future-proof as is. I'd take the money and spend it on a RAM upgrade, get another 512 and make it a gig...what type/speed processor do you have also? Lets try and find where the bottleneck is.

How much money are you willing to spend?

Like MJC said that card should run all the games on the Horizon quite nicely. You will be better off keeping it through this next wave coming, then look at your options then. If you really are set on upgrading the X800 and 6800 series are your options.

Another 512mb stick of PC3200 ram would give you a decent boost for less money (~$100)

I'm not too sure with my money situation right now.

Pentium 4 2.8 HT can be overclocked, but I'm not touching it because Im not too sure on how to do it and I'm not sure if I have the proper cooling.

120 GB Western Digital HD running at 7200 RPM.

Right now I have 512 of some good ram, heck I forgot the name, but it's pretty decent.

Ram is definitely an upgrade for me it's a must before anything else.

... I have a nice motherboard too right now it's an asus deluxe, got it not too long ago, several members on here requested me to get it

Again, your CPU seems to be very future-proof as well, you should have all the mhz you need to get through most modern games...can you give more details about when your ran the COD expansion and how you got such a low framerate? Something is odd with that..

It seems strange how much you droped from the orignal to expantion. I haven't played the games myself, but having 20% performance in the expantion dosen't seem quite right.

Is the ram PC3200?

I'm not sure what you mean by the last time i ran it. I ran it like yesterday, I did a disk defragmenter and I cleaned up alot of garbage last night before i went to bed. I'm going to reformat soon, because I'm bound to have some viruses..

That can def. cause low framerates...get your system cleaned out and report back if you have any framerate improvement.

What kind of setting are you running the COD expansion? Graphics setting you are using?

Set it to the same as the Original COD that you used to play. You will see around 30-40FPS drop, COD expansion needs a bit more juice.

Also you might want to disable FSAA.