Thread: Audio Cd's

Audio Cd's

When you buy cd's from a retailer or any shop the cd's can play on any system old or new.

Is there any way that you can burn cd's that come in the same format as the normal ones for all cd players to understand?

Eventually the players do understand but it takes a while!!

This really does baffle me! Has it got to do with the software/speed/ or disk your using to do the burning?

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Thanks
    Abba

Welcome to SysOpt

When you buy a CD, as long as you have CD playing software on your computer, you'll be able to play it..

With regard to burning CD's, if you want to burn mp3's to a cd, just make sure you select that you want to create an audio CD in whatever burning app you are using and you should be ok...very old cd players and stereo's might not be able to play them, but almost everything made in the last 4 years should be fine.

Ultimate Member
    Also when burning Audio Cd's for use in standard CD players, be sure to use CD-R's with shinier (i.e. silver) surfaces rather than black/blue as this will help improve compatibility with CD Players.

Also bear in mind that occasionally some older CD Players (and i mean old) won't read burned CD's whatsoever

--Jakk

Thanks for the info guys!!

Abba