Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: where do you live and why...

Bill, how did you arrive at the decision to move to South America. Why did you arrive at this decision? I've always thought it would be kind of fun to move to a foreign country, but never really knew how you would go about even doing it.

Banned
    Originally posted by jad1097
    largo FL because it is close to family.
    how was the weather when ivan past by?

Originally posted by ukulele
    Yep. It's hard to believe that their poverty rate is lower then the poverty rates in the average American city.
    Given that most people don't live inside a city anymore thats a moot point. Its like saying "I'm suprised 100% of the people living in the ghetto are poor."

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    Given that most people don't live inside a city anymore thats a moot point. Its like saying "I'm suprised 100% of the people living in the ghetto are poor."
    A city is where there is no country. The greater LA basin is a good example. I mean the whole place.

Dungarvan, Ireland.

If you include the suburbs in a city then you're assumption that over 50% of the people living in an average American city is wrong. If you were to only include urban areas when you say a city then I think I'd have to agree with you.

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    Bill, how did you arrive at the decision to move to South America. Why did you arrive at this decision? I've always thought it would be kind of fun to move to a foreign country, but never really knew how you would go about even doing it.
    I had known my wife to be for some time before I decided to go to Colombia. I had sold my energy business in the U.S., kids are grown so no strings. I decided to stay and get married, anniversary (5 yr.) is next Wednesday. Never regreted it....Colombia is a beautiful country, has many resources and the higher class people are very gracious and educated. My wife is a retired 30 year banker, her father is an M.D., brother is Pres. of the telephone co. etc. etc. So both my wife and I are retired and we are building a retirement home to just kick back. Before I met my wife to be, I was the president of a NASDAQ Corporation for 16 years. All I did was work 12 to 14 hrs. a day. I had been single for almost 20 years when I decided to remarry, same for my wife. My only barrier was trying to learn the language....my high school Calif./Mexican spanish was very limited.

p.s. Colombia has more pretty girls than any country I have been in and I have visited 26 countries.
    Last edited by Billforce; 09-19-2004 at 04:52 PM.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

The place just strikes me as violent for some reason. Thats just based on what I've read and seen on TV though.

Watford!

Just far enough & near enough to the rat race that is London.

With 2x M1 & 3x M25 junctions in the locality, I've come to the conclusion that Watford is the centre of the Universe!

Map!

Observer! (local rag)

Vicarage Road Stadium - Home of the Hornets & Saracens!

"Match Day" parking is the only draw-back when you live 1\2 mile from this! I have to thread my way through badly parked cars whenever Watford play at home. At least Saracens fans (Rugby is like American Football without the cissy padding ) are more considerate.

I live out in the middle of nowhere. Lots of corn. I'm wondering why since allergy season is upon me. Maybe cause i'm close to things like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I live in sunny (and currently very windy) Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, England. I moved here for a job, and haven't managed to find a new one so I can live somewhere decent I grew up all over the world, so ideally I'd like to move abroad at some point in the next 5 years or so.

Fairfax County, Virginia, one of Washington DC's thriving suburbs. Came here to take a job. Never would have otherwise. It's everything I feared it would be, congested and expensive.

However, these days having a good paying job is a real blessing, so I ain't complainin'.

south jersey, born and raised. I'ma hop, skip, and jump from the delaware mem bridge. parents grew up around this way, bought a house, created me, and lived here ever since. Ha, my mom's always ***** bout how this house was supposed to be a stepping stone, which i can understand as its way to **** small.

Neways, I'm dying to get out. I work 15 mins away as a comp tech for an insurance company; i worked 2+ yrs PT working on my 1st FT. I almost have my associates degree from del tech in comp network engineering. Car insurance is KILLING ME!!! I'm a 21 yr old male and car ins in Jersey is Insane!!!! Mainly for this reason, I want to move across the bridge to delaware. I'll prolly keep my job and think about going to University of Delaware.

My town? pretty quiet. We have a Septemberfest festival that comes round once a year. Everyone throws big parties/family gathering and our local park, which use to be an amusement park way back, is filled with rides, live band, and tons of ppl. I always smoke a L and watch the fireworks at night.
    "G-g-g-g Guess whos back? D-Twizze!, O-Twizzie! Doc-Twizzie!, Shady-Twizzie!, slash Aftermath! Fiftycent!, G Unit!, Here we go!, Free Yayo! Muthaf'r!, Benzino!, They don't know we finna' blow! Someone betta' tell them so..." D12 - Loyalty
    "Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs//so the police can bother me" Tupac - Changes

I live where I am... because I am here. Was headed to LA and stopped in Colorado for a while, decided that I liked it and stayed. Now LA is moving here... I guess its all the same in the end.
    Enjoy!

Ultimate Member
    Home at the moment, is Sheffield, because thats where my Uni is, along with a shedload of ridculously steep hills.

"Home" home is Hartlepool, the land where monkeys darest not tread for fear of being hung by the locals, simply because thats where my parents (and hence me) live

--Jakk