Thread: How much do you think my friend can get for this?

How much do you think my friend can get for this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEUS:IT

the auction is over, but you can see all the specs. He bought it for $800 less than a year ago, and it's in like, perfect condition.

He's not going to get $450 for it, I'll tell you that much. The entire market for computers is pretty saturated right now. If I saw an ad in a local paper for that same computer asking $250 I'd debate buying it. Anything more than that and I wouldn't look twice at it.

Agree with Johnny, $250 maybe id think about it. Partly only then for the windows XP sticker. Figure $80 for it.

Pull the HD and slap in a smaller one, 40 GB or so. Pull the ram and put in a 256.

Then put it in a local paper and advertise with delivery and setup. Probably only good chance at a good price you got. Some newbie might pick up on it.

That way you will get a little less but you will have better parts to start the next one.

What I keep telling myself anyway.

Yeah, and warranty the hardware but don't offer tech support. You'd be amazed at how inconsiderate people can be with calling at one in the morning wanting to know why they can't unzip a file they just downloaded from AOL. Seriously, selling computers can be a royal fiasco unless the person getting it knows how to use it properly.

I think I could sell it for $450 if it was a complete setup with everything including monitor, KB, mouse and speakers, and it was all origional. Without the rest of it, forget it.

Ok, thanks... I'll tell him. He's gonna be quite dissapointed... LOL.

He shouldn't be, I could have built that less than a year ago for around $400.00. That processor still has value, he should be lucky. If it were a Celeron or a Duron like the big manufacturers like to use, I wouldn't give you $100.00 for it.