Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how fast? Quadro FX1100?

how fast? Quadro FX1100?

How fast is a 128Mb Quaddro FX1100 for gaming?

What would it's equivalent Geforce / Radeon be? Purely for gaming?

thanks,
    LostBok

The Quadro and FireGL cards are optimized for 3d professional applications, not gaming...I think they would do poorly in gaming situations.

Not sure if this stlil applies, but for the older Quadro cards they used to be much the same - they're just the same GeForce core, but where some of the extra OpenGL instruction sets haven't been disabled as they are in the gaming flavour of the cards...

The GeForce cards are then overclocked and have extra-fast memory put on them, while the Quadro's run those same core's at lower GPU and RAM speeds, hence less cooling, better stability, etc.

I can probably try to sus it out - work out which GPU core they each use, what speed it is running at and the memory speeds, # of pipelines, etc.... but thought somebody else might have done it already.

Last edited by MJCfromCT; 09-13-2004 at 01:56 PM.

That kind of hits the spot.... main thing I'm after is something like QuadroFX1100 3dmark03 scores...

I used to own a Quadro 4 900 XGL and a G4 4200 ti at 4600 speeds. The Quadro didn't perform as well as the 4200 even at stock speeds in many instances. It was still playable, but not at the same resolutions or it was choppy - on the 4200 even at stock things would be smooth. Now run the proffesional software on the 4200 ti, and the reverse happens. Prof. apps run a bit slower (or not fully functioning feature wise) on a 4200 yet run a bit better on the quadro along with having a few extra instructions, and those extra instructions may not make it much faster in general, but it makes it look better.

Gaming cards are for gaming, professional cards for professional applications. Yes a quadro 4 is "old," so is a 4200 ti, but both were new at the time and played all the old D8 titles.

I'd assume the professional cards to be 5% to 20% slower on average - at least pulling from my experiences with the quadro 4 and G4.

I haven't dug into the tech specs of profesional cards in so long so I can't say how it'll perform as I can't even tell you how many pipelines or vertex shaders it has per line let alone the core and memory speeds to draw a comparison to a gaming cards.

Thanks SS - I'm after that sort of info for the FX1100.

That gives me some idea of what it ought to compare to.

Think I'll just swap it over and let it run a few benchmarks.

If you already have it, that would be the best way to find out as your system will be different from the test system or from the system on orb (do they put prof cards up?)

not seen them, but looking.

Here's a good article - a bit old, but it gives a decent comparison of various workstation cards and gaming ones:

http://www.3dchips.net/content/review.php?id=63

I found that one already - sadly also all CAD marks, not gaming marks.

FX1100 uses NV36GL GPU, NV36 is FX5700
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

ND, you leg-end, that's what I was after!! ""

Does anybody know where it fits in the range when you consider clock speeds, memory bandwidths, fill rates, etc?

I might just be better off flogging this one for £250, buying a GF59xx and pocketing £100 - considering I really DON'T need the 3D cad features....

You most definantly would be better off.