Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did sysopt begin

i also enjoy spending my free time swimming, cycling, and uh, spending time with his family.

jad1097...thanks for the info.

Sounds like Scott is one smart cookie as well as those who aided him.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by mireland
    ok, so it didn't start out in some mad scientists labatory...
    Noo That was your birthplace

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    Noo That was your birthplace

You weren't born..you were HATCHED!

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by mireland
    You weren't born..you were HATCHED!

Originally posted by Prushka
    sounds like Scott is one smart cookie as well as those who aided him.
    You'll also notice that a lot of the older members joined around the time I did (~July 2001) just after the collaspe

There aren't many older members than that about unfortunately now as there was bad blood when the move happened (it's all in the archives for searching) and numerous older members had their wings clipped shall we say.

There are differences between the two sites and one is intrigued how much of techimo's "about" page is truthful and what the state of play regarding finances is now. Guess we'll never know in full detail (do American companies have to declare profits and full business details like UK ones do?)

I have a feeling the oldest members who still post are BP & Steve along with a few of the other mods...
    Stefan

Originally posted by DocEvi1
    (do American companies have to declare profits and full business details like UK ones do?)

Only if they are "publicly owned companys". Privately owned companys only disclose that info to the owners.
    Lurkin in the shadows, learnin what I can.

I was around back in 1998 under a different name. After moving in 1999 I took a lapse on the Internet and couldn't remember my old name. So, I've been around for awhile.
    Under Imperion1, I've been here since Aug. 2000.

i bet that batman sticker is just as old

Ultimate Member
    I haven't posted here in quite a while, shortly after this site was aquired by internet.com

Nope, only had it up for 2 years.

This is just a message board that was founded early on in the internet age that had a good base of moderators for tech support.

The rest is history, everyone wants free tech support.

Imperion1, I joined in '99 and didnt start posting again until 2003, but I remembered my pw.
    Last edited by Vampiel; 09-06-2004 at 03:38 AM.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by DocEvi1
    You'll also notice that a lot of the older members joined around the time I did (~July 2001) just after the collaspe

There aren't many older members than that about unfortunately now as there was bad blood when the move happened (it's all in the archives for searching) and numerous older members had their wings clipped shall we say.

There are differences between the two sites and one is intrigued how much of techimo's "about" page is truthful and what the state of play regarding finances is now. Guess we'll never know in full detail (do American companies have to declare profits and full business details like UK ones do?)

I have a feeling the oldest members who still post are BP & Steve along with a few of the other mods...
    I know what you mean, I joined sysopt right around the time of collapse and boy were there a bunch of unhappy folks around. I remember for a while it was an all out war between the two forums. Any mention of techimo in this forum, and vice versa would lead to locked threads, SEVERLY edited posts, or entirely deleted posts... Ahhh, the memories.

Yep! I joined at the height of the war! I was solicited to join techIMO at the time, but this was my first forum membership & I never found the time to check them out until "The Great Community Forum Rebellion" ...(don't ask...) here 18 months ago.

Since last year I now have 4 Forum memberships - with one not yet posted to!

There seemed to be lots of bad blood around that time. I was a mod (believe it or not ) at an aquarium site which seemed to constantly be at war with one of the others, both still around today and both getting along quite nicely.
    Perhaps it was something to do with the sudden explosion of interest in the net, it finally became respectable and people would do anything to attract/steal new customers.