Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Understanding the New Threat

Understanding the New Threat

The German fascism of World War II and the Russian communism of the Cold War (World War III) have been replaced by a new form of totalitarianism, Islamic theo-fascism, which also must be eradicated. If it is any consolation, you are far from alone in misunderstanding the nature and importance of this conflict. Kerry himself has shown little understanding, which is perhaps explainable as he missed ¾ of the Senate committee hearings on related matters.

Our primary but by no means only justification for invading Iraq was the ongoing, continuing refusal of Saddam Hussein to allow the weapons inspectors to perform their duties unmolested, which was a condition of the terms of peace of the first Gulf War. Whether he actually had the weapons is technically immaterial; the fact is that he refused to allow inspections, and this refusal was one of the grounds for war, and the one most often cited. It was, however, not the only reason.

Other justifications that are less often cited but equally valid were Saddam’s harboring and on-going support of terrorist groups. While an Iraqi link to al Qaeda is easily proven by pointing out the fact al Qaeda bomb-builder Abdul Rahman Yasin fled to Baghdad after the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Saddam supported a number of other terrorist groups, including Abu Nidal Organization, Ansar al-Islam (closely tied to al Qaeda), Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization, Palestine Liberation Front, and Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-Special Command.

Clearly, we are fighting a global war on terrorism, not just on al Qaeda. Opening a front in Iraq in no way distracted the military from the conflict in Afghanistan, no more than having European and Pacific fronts distracted us from achieving our objectives during the Second World War. Opening a second front in Iraq not only deposed a dictator and freed 25 million Iraqis in addition to the 25 million Afghanis previously freed from the Taliban, it effectively surrounded two of the main sponsors of Islamic theo-fascism, Syria and Iran. Both of these countries are now isolated, surrounded by unfriendly governments. It also provided the US military an opportunity to employ a honeypot doctrine that attracts Jihadis from their primary breeding grounds of Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Syria. While it gets paid little attention to in the general media, a large number of militants that we are killing in Iraq come from these countries. When Bush opened this second front, he put into motion events that are drastically and consistently grinding down the Muslim radicals arrayed against us. Over 40,000 extremists have been killed in Iraq so far, and this does not include rumors from Iraqi civilians that say hundreds if not thousands of Iranians are being killed along their shared border in attempts to infiltrate Iraq, and similar stories exist about actions on the Syrian border.

Militant radical Islam must be destroyed in the same way Nazism was destroyed in Germany. It must be rooted out, hunted down, and destroyed, by any and all means necessary. The radical ideology of Islam may take longer to extinguish, but Islamic moderates will not have the chance to regain control of their religion unless we firmly stamp out the radical elements within it. This may go on for decades as did our Cold War against communism, but it is no less a war for survival, not only for ourselves, but for the moderates of Islam.

George Bush knows this, and has acted upon it. He is one of a handful of world leaders that has the foresight, the courage, and the conviction to see this war through.

I've been trying to understand bush for about 4 years now..

I think that that article is insulting to Germans, Nazis, and Fascists. How can you compare the actions of a bunch of third world heathens to one of the most destructive empires on the face of the Earth?

Originally posted by Johnny Fist
    I think that that article is insulting to Germans, Nazis, and Fascists. How can you compare the actions of a bunch of third world heathens to one of the most destructive empires on the face of the Earth?

YES, Mien Herr.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Its not like that. I just think it it totally absurd to give any sort of credibility to these third world savages.

Its not like that. I just think it it totally absurd to give any sort of credibility to these third world savages.
    So how do "First World" Fascists deserve credibility?

IMO they are no better than the islamic fanatics that kill to make themselves heard.
    Last edited by Strawbs; 08-20-2004 at 08:08 PM.

Just to keep this all in perspective, we are talking about a group (al Qaeda) that's leader and 9-11 mastermind is currently hopping from cave to cave in Afganastan.

In WWII, the Germans had a world class industrial system, a well trained army, and an extreme nationalistic motivation to take over the world. If not for the weather, I could be speaking German right now.

To compare a group of terrorists (read spineless, godless, yellow, scum, donkey molesters) to a country with political power is somewhat thin.

Personally, I find GWB to be a spineless (attack ads), directionless (mission accomplished?), economic policy common sense divioid (self explainitory) puppet who answers to campaign contributers before his constituancy. In other words, he is a Politician. Funny how Politicians, Lawyers, Realators, and Car salespeople are hated by me almost equaly.

Just A Curb Side Profit

Just to keep this all in perspective, we are talking about a group (al Qaeda) that's leader and 9-11 mastermind is currently hopping from cave to cave in Afganastan.
    That is the perspective that alot of people have. That was the whole point of me posting this.

Al-Qaida is only one name that the enemy hides behinds. Islamic theo-fascism is the true enemy. If you kill Al-Qaida, you have accomplished just that. Al-Qaida idealogy exists in the minds of more muslims than are in the group Al-Qaida because of what they are indocternated with, just as you are indocterinated with math, science, and english, they are indocrinated with jihad. Its these forms of indocrinations that need to be irradicated, as well as their teachers.

Attacking Afghanistan and Iraq is only the first step in a much longer struggle that could well last for longer than WW2.

I will highlight this part of my post because I believe it is very relevant.

Opening a second front in Iraq not only deposed a dictator and freed 25 million Iraqis in addition to the 25 million Afghanis previously freed from the Taliban, it effectively surrounded two of the main sponsors of Islamic theo-fascism, Syria and Iran. Both of these countries are now isolated, surrounded by unfriendly governments. It also provided the US military an opportunity to employ a honeypot doctrine that attracts Jihadis from their primary breeding grounds of Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Syria. While it gets paid little attention to in the general media, a large number of militants that we are killing in Iraq come from these countries. When Bush opened this second front, he put into motion events that are drastically and consistently grinding down the Muslim radicals arrayed against us. Over 40,000 extremists have been killed in Iraq so far, and this does not include rumors from Iraqi civilians that say hundreds if not thousands of Iranians are being killed along their shared border in attempts to infiltrate Iraq, and similar stories exist about actions on the Syrian border.

Originally posted by PacNW CE
    Funny how Politicians, Lawyers, Realators, and Car salespeople are hated by me almost equaly.

DITTO!

This isnt an article FYI. If you really read it and try to keep up with what I posted, it is the truth.

Lets try not to turn this into a personal thing. The point being debated here isn't if we should call it an article or the truth. The point being debated is whether or not these third world lunatics should be compared to a first world empire well within their means to enslave at least all of Europe. I see no connection between the workings of these bottom feeders and the way that the Nazis carried out their onslaught against Europe.

If there is any sort of correlation, then please specify. I want to know exactly why you're drawing a connection between the two. I'll keep an open mind about the whole thing because I do find the concept interesting. Its just up to this point you haven't convinced me.

First off all I will give you the fact that the Nazi's were more honorable men than 'these bottom feeders'. However my dislike for the Nazi's, they at least were willing to fight face to face, and not hide amongst your population and walk into a mall to blow up your civilians, that I give them.

When you fight a war you are not fighting a country, you are fighting each others ideals. Ideals do not have boundries. Do you think Hitler is dead? Do you think Hitler only had the Axis powers as an ally? Hitler the man is dead, and the Axis powers were not his only allies, they still live among us to this day, as does Hitler through his ideals. The only thing you can do is kill as many people as possible with that ideal when it becomes large enough to threat to your ideals, which they did threaten our national security as demonstrated on 9/11 and the potential to demonstrate even more with the weapons available today.

That is were the comparison can be made. It's a clash of an ideal that is threatening to kill every human with ideals that oppose there's as did the Nazi ideal.

Then I guess we have nothing to disagree about. That seems perfectly logical to me.

Then I guess we have nothing to disagree about. That seems perfectly logical to me.
    Thank you. And thank you for taking the time to read my logic.

Is there anyone that has taken the time to read my posts here that disagree and can give a logical conclusion as to why it may be incorrect?

since when is there logic behind religious fundamentalism, maybe 1 in 100 german soldiers was a nazi, EVERY al quieda terrorist is a a fanatic, prepared to blow him/herself up to kill us, which therefore makes them far more dangerous as individuals, because of the insanity which there religion has brainwashed them with.
    We have large muslim sections of our populations, where the attacks on our countries have come from. Not bombers or invasion forces, they are here already, and if you take any action against them you will just add to the ranks of the participents from the sidelines, how many muslims work in the defence industry in the US, UK. Europe Australia, I've mentioned before that many of the baggage handlers at all international airports are muslim, how hard is it for them to sabotage a plane, do we intern them, I see no corellation between a religiously inspired brainwashed 25% of the worlds population who are in our midst, with the nazis.