Thread: Comprehensive advice on Pests – or as good as

Comprehensive advice on Pests – or as good as

Get your spyware, scumware and malware freeware tools here http://www.subratam.org/?page=removal

Also, use www.majorgeeks.com home page for new releases on the likes of program I use. See image.

Other great links are:

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    http://www.sysinfo.org/bholist.php

These two links above, with the programs in the first link should help you analyse, you HijackThis log, and rid you of many of these annoying, intrusive pests.

Next try Google, and if all else fails ask for advise here.

However, use Windows Update and patch up those exploits.

G

Forgot the image
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks G for the links and info....

I just refered another person a few days ago to the MajorGeeks site...and its one I myself got ahold of a ways back when I first got my first computer...Its a real valuable site for just about everything you will need for computer programs and info.....

Even though I have a real good Anti virus running right now...i downloaded the one listed in the first page link and was going to open and run it..but it warned of multiple virus programs...so for now I am going to leave it alone.....

I had this other virus progream awhile ago recently that was even better put out by VCom in a system suite package and had them both running for quite a while and no apparent probelms with this....

What is your take on this..?

Also, I have so many programs right now and like alot of us ...it becomes a registry and system nightmare after a period of time..as most of us do not know what trully affects other things..
    My system seems for the most part to run real good..but I am within about a month or so..of doing another clean install..as I have been living with a couple of issues I just ignor for right now...but that would be the only way to get it like I want...

Computer people are a funny lot....alot of them fool themselves into thinking that htey know more than they do and do not listen to good advice...or appreciate it when itis given.....

Your a good man for sharing your knowledge and trying to help.

Take care...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

hmm....is there a problem with Spybot, Adaware and Spywareblaster?

They don't even get mentioned!

All those programs listed there baring one or 2 are news to me.

Anyways, spybot, adaware, Spywareblaster, a good firewall and an AV is all you need imo.

Thanks for you kind words Rabbit. I will reply tomorrow.

Sun, no, the posts intention was to have no reference to these familiar tools. There is already a sticky and most users know about these programs anyway. The programs and links referred to are those little handy programs that people can send and share with each other where the main tools may fail.

Anyway, the only scumware, spyware, malware program I use, although I have Ad-Adware Plus SE V1.03 that actually completes a scan now, is PestPatrol. There is nothing else I have come across, and I test a lot of software across many areas, that is as exception as PP.

Others may dispute this claim, but then I do not have spyware, scumware, and malware problems at all, and never have.

I put Ad-Adware Plus SE V1.03 back on my system, as I wanted to see if the new version would complete a scan – it does. I also wanted it on my machine so I could help others with its use. If I do not use it, I cannot gain the experienced needed to advise.

G

PS: Sun you said, "All those programs listed there baring one or 2 are news to me."

That was the point of this post for this very reason.

Last edited by G; 08-19-2004 at 09:31 AM.