Thread: New FEAR shots and high-res vids

is that the crytek engine?

crytek engine

I hope it is not the crytek engine. That last farcry 1.2 patch was a piece of ****. I have bought my last game from UBI!!

I hate that company!!!!!! Arrrrrr

first of all... ubi pulled the patch, they are not the ones who made it, crytek did, and minus the patch the game is pretty good... if you're gonna go off on a company because of one patch they didnt even make then thats just plain silly.

It's amazing.

It's even better than Doom 3's graphics.

Wow...

But the game is more darker than Doom 3. I can say from the pictures.
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Re: New FEAR shots and high-res vids

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    http://www.actiontrip.com/features/fear.phtml

--Jakk
    Jakk my man, this is only link that works, I get the message Page not found on the others!

Gr8 looking graphics reminds me of SC2, It was something like his but not as good as this. Who is it being made by?
    Is this under development? when can we expect this?

Vids (old but not posted before IIRC):

http://fear.gamevision-network.de/fi...ear_part_1.zip

http://fear.gamevision-network.de/fi...ear_part_2.zip

http://fear.gamevision-network.de/fi...ear_part_3.zip

This is another one of the games i have been following..as just a strong possibility of being as good as it looks and it looks gorgeous.

I did a future game list a while back and this was on my top five to watch for.....

I agree with what Dennis said...and don't mean to harp..but FarCry was and is one of the best games to graze the computer screen in the past few years....and it is in my top five of best games ever..and I have ALOT of games....good games..

This looks like a combination of HL,Doom 3 and whatever else....

Just another great game titile for us to watch out for....

Nice screenshots....

Monolith puts out some of the best there is......
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Gah, video's have been oulled.

theyre the same as the low-res E3 ones i posted a few months ago...but high res, if you'se seen the former you'll get the gist.

As for the engine, while i cant be certain, its probably another evolution of Monolith's Litech Engine

--Jakk

Call Me Silly

Originally posted by Dennis Bacon
    first of all... ubi pulled the patch, they are not the ones who made it, crytek did, and minus the patch the game is pretty good... if you're gonna go off on a company because of one patch they didnt even make then thats just plain silly.
    Well Dennis, there is more to it then that. I had called tech support(I suppose UBI--the one in manual), and they could not tell me what version they were currently running on their own servers, after the patch was pulled(I knew it to be 99% 1.2). Then they did send me an e-mail, stating two replys from two different techs. One said they should be running the 1.1 since the 1.2 was pulled. One stated that they have mixed versions running. Then on the UBI site, the guy who said he ran the official servers, said he would keep version 1.2 running, but would check on the status of the fix, and then make a decision on what version to run. That was a few days after the patch was pulled. He has never bothered to reply again. Not sure, but I think the 1.2 has been out now for about a month??

Now, it seems logical to me, to run the "official" patch on all the "official servers". That offical verion would be 1.1 since 1.2 was pulled.

The reason I am "going off" on a company as you say, is no one seems to know what is going on. AND, I do mean NO ONE!! I noticed this forum blocked one of my words, but it was not a curse word. Now other then saying the MP part of the game is garbage, I do not think my post was that bad. But again, I have bought my last game from UBI. --RH--

The graphics look O. K but nothing mind blowing to me. The lighting doesn't seem very impressive, the textures and objects appear very flat and just a shape, and the characters don't really jump out to me as something spectacular. Maybe it will look better in motion, sometimes screen shots of action tend to look a bit off.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

when can we expect this?

I read a review(preview?) about this game. The developers(Monolith) have been wanting to do this for a long time. They are just now getting around to it becuase it seems they have finally recieved the support from the higher ups that they had been going for.

The game itself to me looks great! It is a completely new built from the ground up game. Engine and all. This along with Stalker look to be the 05 front runners. For now anyway!

Originally posted by stalkersoftware
    when can we expect this?
    March 05 probably