Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Normandy Invasion as reported by CNN

Originally posted by ukulele
    I had an uncle who die there at the age of 19. I'm sure if he was alive today he tell you that the men did what they had to which is a whole lot more then alot of the punks out there today would do.
    You seem very independent. May I ask who you are voting for?

I'm glad that the US joined the Allies in World War Two because the Axis Powers (mainly Germany and Japan) were too powerful at that time. At the same time, Japan's sneak attack on Pearl Harbor allowed President Roosevelt to bring the US out of isolationism and unleash the might of the US military. Without the US assistance, China and Korea may never be liberated. And Asia would still be under Japanese rule!

I personally thank all the Allied soldiers at Normandy for their brave and noble efforts in bringing down the Nazi empire.

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

no one doubts the sacrifice made by that generation, and the sacrifices of the previous one in the slaughter at the Somme, but fortunately we would hold our commanders to account if they made such miscalculations these days, because of tv news coverage the general population would not put up with seeing it on the news with the graphic pictures of men turned into hamburger on primetime.

World War ll was a real war fought by a real army. Todays wars are merely police actions and military interventions. The war in Iraq is being fought against the people not an army that has taken over half the world. Of course your not going to see Americans fighting a battle like Normandy. If we had not faced the Germans at Normany we would have faced a stronger defense elsewhere. Perhaps even an invasion of England.

Originally posted by Vampiel
    You seem very independent. May I ask who you are voting for?
    I don't like Kerry or Bush. For one, they are both ivy leaguers who are by definition self serving snobs who never have and never will produce a true patriot. I voted for Bush last election because I didn't think AL Gore was anymore honest then Bill Clinton who was nothing more then a spineless weasel who couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it and his wife was nothing more then a lot of hot air and still is. I don't like Bush because he can't tell the truth either and his association with Dick Chenny just proves he is a yes man to big business which is not necessarily good for the average American. Big business built this country but unless it is reined in it will take it down. So in essence I voted for Bush as the lessor or two evils. So far the only American who is worth my vote is Ralph Nader. Why, you will no doubt ask? Because he believes we can provide a national health care plan, we can force tort reform and we can do something about our failing environmental policies if we can rein in big business. One at least has to believe in something to ever attempt a change in the first place.
    Last edited by ukulele; 08-20-2004 at 02:05 PM.

Uke, you and I seem to have a lot of common views.

I think Bill Maher said it best when he said something to the effect of "The Democrats are a purchased as the Republicans, but the people who own the dems are much less scary than those who own the GOP."

The smartest people in our country arn't in pollitics. Why would anyone with an IQ above 110 choose to enter the 3 ring circus of politics? I'd end up telling the truth as I see it all the time, and pissing off my constituancy.
    Just A Curb Side Profit

Why would anyone with an IQ above 110 choose to enter the 3 ring circus of politics?
    The really intelligent people don't need the rest voting for them to confirm their intelligence. They are too busy working on something besides their bank account and their secret sex lives.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    I got a empty account & no Sex life secret or otherwise

I guess I would make a bad politician then

Originally posted by j.m@talk
    I got a empty account & no Sex life secret or otherwise

I guess I would make a bad politician then
    What the heck. I'd vote for ya.

Im voting for Bush because Nadar doesnt give me any confidence he will actually be able to fight terrorists.

Look at the new add against Kerry.
    http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...it_video2.html

you post adds about kerry but dismis all adds and books that are negatice toward bush and his evilness.

You should work for FOX. "state of the art mass propogandists"

"The Communists had Pravda. The Republicans have FOX"

The Washington Post has obtained military records that flatly contradict claims made by Larry Thurlow, who commanded a Navy Swift boat alongside John Kerry’s. Thurlow claimed that Kerry’s boat was never fired on in March 13, 1969 and that the Bronze Star he won for his bravery that day was a fraud.

“But Thurlow's military records, portions of which were released yesterday to The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act, contain several references to ‘enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire’ directed at ‘all units’ of the five-boat flotilla. Thurlow won his own Bronze Star that day, and the citation praises him for providing assistance to a damaged Swift boat ‘despite enemy bullets flying about him.’”

Ive allready read that. The information they obtained was the after action report not the actual citation.

The after action report was signed by the same man who signed Kerrys after action report, based on Kerrys report of what happened not Thurlows. If you look at Thurlows citation for the actual medal, you will see that he does not state he ever came under fire, only that the boat was hit by a mine and he came to help.

The new commercial isnt even about that.

Originally posted by Vampiel
    Im voting for Bush because Nadar doesnt give me any confidence he will actually be able to fight terrorists.

Look at the new add against Kerry.
    http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...it_video2.html
    Don't worry, Nader couldn't win anyway. He doesn't have the support of big business. They hate him for being right about the Corvair (a car with a gas tank in the front and a gasoline heater just behind it).

a car with a gas tank in the front and a gasoline heater just behind it
    BAHAHAHAHA, your kidding me right?