Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Normandy Invasion as reported by CNN

Originally posted by Vampiel
    BAHAHAHAHA, your kidding me right?
    Why do you think Nader called it unsafe at any speed?

No, I meant theres actually a car with that kind of configuration?

No, I meant theres actually a car with that kind of configuration?
    Yes, there was. The Corvair. It was an attempt by GM to dethrone the VW bug. Thanks to Ralph Nader and a book he wrote called "Unsafe at any Speed", it was destined for failure, and now you know the rest of the story.

HAHAHA, thats hilarious. What idiot would design a car like that. Im glad it was never a mainstream product, talk about a disaster.

HAHAHA, thats hilarious. What idiot would design a car like that. Im glad it was never a mainstream product, talk about a disaster.
    It was a mainstream product. It was around for 6 or 7 years. You must be a young pup. My best friend in grade school had one his dad gave him. He almost died in it when it blew a tire and rolled over a guard rail! Ask Bovon about the Corvair. He probably almost died in one too.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    This is turnin in to an Old Coots convention

Originally posted by ukulele
    It was a mainstream product. It was around for 6 or 7 years. You must be a young pup. My best friend in grade school had one his dad gave him. He almost died in it when it blew a tire and rolled over a guard rail! Ask Bovon about the Corvair. He probably almost died in one too.

Yes im only 24.

My Dad had a Corvair Monza, black with a 4 speed, my grandma had a white one with an auto matic, my uncle had a red one, automatic.

I think they went from 62 to 69 before GM took em off the market. I see one around here occasionally, restored, nice job too, midnight blue, looks sharp, for a Corvair. I used to work with a mechanic who restored them too. I think you can even get a model of them at hobby shops now. I know I used to have a matchbox toy car of one.,

I once owned a 67 Monza that was chopped into a dune buggy. It was faster then a Bug but in the dirt the bug would eat it for lunch. The Monza was the only model made safe to drive. By then it was too late.

they made it like that because it cost $10 more to put it in a safer place away from causing an explosion in a front ender. Big business thinks its better to save $10 per car than to save lives, the recall costs for the mod to be done were estimated to be higher than the law suits they would have to pay from motorists killed or injured by the defect.
    so vote for GWB, Big business is his power base. He will protect them from greedy poor people who expect products they buy to be safe.
    Last edited by werz; 08-21-2004 at 03:12 AM.

the power struggles of the 1930s and 40s in the world are beyond the comprehension of todays polititicians who fight wars for votes and secret deals, they wouldn't know or understand about destroying evil, because they've got there view of the world from reading marvel comics, atleast George Bush snr upheld his families honour in the Pacific in WW2,
    Maybe GWB jr thinks that was enough to cover his cowardly backside when it was his turn to do his bit, he hid behind family contacts, and spent the time with a beer bottle in his mouth and a silver spoon up his nose.

After WW2, the US continues in stationing more troops around the world because it fears that communism may take over the world. In the post-war era, many countries are plagued with hunger and uncertainty so communism is often used to influence the citizens.

With the Soviet Union looming over Europe and Asia, the US and its allies needed to 'stop' the Red tide at all costs. It is not a surprise that another conflict erupted after WW2 because capitalism and communism cannot co-exist together.

At that time, religious fanaticism is not that well-known so the Cold War continued to strike fear into the minds of both peoples. The fear of a nuclear holocaust! At the same time, the Cold War was also an 'incubation' event that fueled religious fanaticism.

With the Soviet Union gone, the Arab world is plagued with chaos and bloodshed. The US must now fight a new conflict that is totally different from the Cold War. The war on terrorism!

If the US did not intervene in WW2, the British Empire may crumble early and allow the Axis Powers to gain control of the world. By then, communism/capitalism will not be able to save humanity at all.

And Singapore would still be under Japanese control...
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever