Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Got DOOM 3?

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    Pre DX9 level cards lack the hardware feature required to pull of the heat hazing effect

--Jakk
    That's what i thought but i wasn't sure.

So the only thing I lose is the heat haze effect??!

Wicked!

Oh, and about 30fps frame rate

Still, I'm glad I can play it in 'most' of its glory

Originally posted by cusimar9
    So the only thing I lose is the heat haze effect??!

Wicked!

Oh, and about 30fps frame rate

Still, I'm glad I can play it in 'most' of its glory
    No, you lose more... that's just the only thing I've actually noticed.

I play at the lowest settings at 640x480 on a GF4 ti 4400, and the game looks fantastic.

i run on high setting at 1024*768 and get nothing below 35 FPS. 60 normally though im happy.

I'm a little put off by the darkness of everything, and the fact that you really feel unconfortable playing this with all the eerie sound effects and constantly jumpy monster dudes.

Excellent graphics though, more lights would be nice!

So I guess it really does not end after you beat it on "Recruit"

Nightmare mode time!
    Motherboard: ECS NForce 3-A Socket 754
    Memory: OCZ EB Series Platinum Edition 1GB (2x512MB Dual) PC-3500
    CPU: AMD Sempron 64 3400+ Palermo 2.0GHz
    GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 256MB
    PSU: Kingwin 600Watt

Is that the sergeant that keeps communicating with your character?

That's a horrible way to die/re-spawn?

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

*SPOLIER*BELOW*

Nah, that’s a screenshot after you beat the game. You see him fly away as the music and credits start... It's actually Dr. Betruger, the main scientist who was in charge of it all at the UAC - the scientist who went mad after he went through the portal

Looks like he isn't dead yet... I read somewhere that it isnt fully beat until it's beat on nightmare mode anyways. I'm going to start nightmare tomorrow! heh

Well! Doom 3 is good in graphics and gameplay but poor in storyline. If there is an expansion pack, I hope the developers can modify the popular game so that it will become more fun and interesting.

Other than that, id should also emphasize on teamwork and not a one-man-army idea. At least, the character can have a few backups during the course of the game. That'll be interesting though!

Just a suggestion!
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Originally posted by cbh
    Well! Doom 3 is good in graphics and gameplay but poor in storyline. If there is an expansion pack, I hope the developers can modify the popular game so that it will become more fun and interesting.

Other than that, id should also emphasize on teamwork and not a one-man-army idea. At least, the character can have a few backups during the course of the game. That'll be interesting though!

Just a suggestion!
    "Doom 3 will spawn spin-offs: a mission pack with more single player features, a
    multiplayer expansion, add-on, possibly a program to dynamically render unique new
    levels on the fly."

Can't find combo to Ammunition locker 003. Any help??? Taking my time and enjoying the game.
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

Yeah, try 483

Ah... you spoiled all his unworldly fun......

Drag...if i bought this game this next month for around $47.00 or so..would it really be the best game i should get..?is it truly worth it? or should i hold up and wait a bit for HL 2 or some other game just coming out?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Ah... you spoiled all his unworldly fun......
    LOL, He asked!

Honestly Rabbit, I'm very happy I bought this game and I havent thought about it twice or regretted it once. I like everything about the game, the graphics, the scare and also the story line.

Even though so many people complain about the story line being boring or the same old "find the red key for the red door" type game play I dont think its bad at all, and it's enough to keep me interested and playing it. What else would you expect... thats the type of game that Doom is and always has been, why would they just change it?

The original Doom's where all about that type of game play. When you think about finding a red key for a red door one of the 1st games, if not the 1st, that pops into your head are the 1st Doom games (mine anways). That's how it's known, the type of game it is, I think it would be stupid if they just changed it all around and made it totally different. And really, you dont even notice it that much while you're playing it. Now its more about paying attention to what other people are saying/whats going on and finding out codes.

I dont know if I'll ever play it a 2nd time after I completly beat it, just because after you beat it once if you where to play it again it would be like watching a movie a 2nd time... you already know whats going on and whats going to happen.

It's pretty easy to beat on "Recruit" mode, or the eaisest mode, but even though you see the credits and hear the final music when you do beat it it's still not over until it's beat on "Nightmare" mode, or the hardest mode.

Basically if you ever played some of the original Doom games when they 1st came out and you remembered liking them then you should def. get this game because you will love it.

Personally I think its the best PC game out money can buy right now hands down... others will disagree - it all depends on yourself

Thanks dfs, no matter what I did, couldn't get the combo for that one.
    I second everything you said. It is a great game. Good enough to go a second time? No, I don't think so. But so far I like it. I only get on a little bit each day so it is going to take a little longer for me to get through, and it dosen't help that I am on nightmare mode.
    Rabbit, great graphics, scenes, bad guys etc. Get off your bunnytail and go get it. You won't regret it. Dark room, surround sound, late at night, there will be a few times you'll leave a few pellets on your chair.
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com