Thread: Problem with Outlook Express??

Problem with Outlook Express??

A couple of days ago .....there were a series of new patches or security updates released from MS and one of these was one directed towards Outlook Express....

I had written on some post previously about trying to install one of these and my system suddenly going into a reboot mode upon loading or installing it.

Well. I did install successuflly most of them....except for the Outlook express one ..which upon installing...did the same thing with the reboot and proceeded in freezing my machine up.....

After a fresh bootup process...i then tired to open Outlook Express and now it will not open or do anything. previously before it worked perfect and just fine.
    Does this sound to you typical of what I have been trying to tell people about updating all these fixes. Now a perfectly good operating software does not work...nor will the fix allow me to uninstall it. I get a srror message saying it was a bad file or something...go figure.

My question to you is..would it be Ok to just delete everything from the registry...and or re-install..setup. Is this the best way to go about this...as I do not want to cause more problems with it.
    I really do not need it anyway....I was just using it for email look up which I already have set up another way in all of my other browsers and it works fine.I use Hotmail for my Email.. Thanks!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Here is a link to a Microsoft URL on reparing/re-installing Outlook Express 6 on Win XP.

Good Luck!

Chronk
    chronk
    twitter.com/virusfighter

Thanks Chronk.....
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

chronk
    twitter.com/virusfighter