Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: End of Summer Purchases...

Originally posted by bob05
    I like the iRiver IHP120, nice storage for a real nice price.

P.S.: Hey, you run cross country too? I did for a little while, but 3.5 miles is just too long for me, I'm more of a sprinter.
    Haha...sprinting is pretty easy...endurance is the hardes aspect of spors...any sport.

The last fifty feet is a sprint if there is anyone remotely near me.
    "I'm no technical supervisor, I'm a supervising technician."
    --Homer Simpson

Originally posted by stix_kua
    Haha...sprinting is pretty easy...endurance is the hardes aspect of spors...any sport.

The last fifty feet is a sprint if there is anyone remotely near me.
    Just curious, what's your average time?

Just curious, what's your average time?
    Minute miles...I think 6:30 to 7:30(m:ss) (last time I checked) but that was wen i was more in-shape...

However actual time of completion for races was 25 minutes sine minute miles are a maximum not a realistic measure...it is not constant.

currently, i hav not run much. ooking to start again when school starts again...from there, i'll be in top notch shape for Nordic skiing...
    Last edited by stix_kua; 07-11-2004 at 09:46 PM.
    --Homer Simpson

Minute miles...I think 6:30 to 7:30(m:ss) (last time I checked) but that was wen i was more in-shape...

However actual time of completion for races was 25 minutes sine minute miles are a maximum not a realistic measure...it is not constant.

currently, i hav not run much. ooking to start again when school starts again...from there, i'll be in top notch shape for Nordic skiing...
    That's pretty good. Keep up it up and you'll be running 5:30 miles in no time.

That's pretty good. Keep up it up and you'll be running 5:30 miles in no time.
    5:30...the number of supremacy...

--Homer Simpson

Not an Ipod kinda guy...4 GB for $249...heck no! If I were to get an Ipod, I'd get the 20 GB for $50 more...
    did u know taht mini ipod is smaller than the iRiver 20GB Portable MP3 Player. Probably the normal Ipod 10GB was even smaller thant that.. By the way 4GB taht is alot of song....
    Last edited by Aznmask; 07-12-2004 at 12:45 AM.
    Leo

Originally posted by Aznmask
    did u know taht mini ipod is smaller than the iRiver 20GB Portable MP3 Player. Probably the normal Ipod 10GB was even smaller thant that.. By the way 4GB taht is alot of song....

Yes...hence the name iPod mini...

A friend of mine has one.

They are not that great. And they are overly expensive.

4 GB for $249 is unjustifiable in my opinion. Apple even understands that since they sell the 20 GB for $50 more.

yes 4GB is tons of music but 20 GB is even more. I can also store all sorts of things on it since it doubles as regular hard disk drive...

Take note that the iriver also comes with many of the accesories that apple does not include. like an inline remote..

plus I do not feel like using Itunes to add music or remove music.

I prefer the drag and drop nature of the iRiver. There is no need to install drivers for it. The application included can also be used if i so chose... you see, this is all about choice.

onthe Ipod, i wouldn;t be able to create folder just for files and such but with the Iriver, I have the freedom to do anything and evrything that i want...

also I like the color of he iriver.

i do not care much for the ipod mini or ipod...

so in final comparison, the ipod is no match for the iriver...

stop recommending it (the ipod) to me.
    --Homer Simpson

Do you own one?

Also i forgot to add that the iriver has nearly double the battery life of the ipod...
    --Homer Simpson

a student who doesn't complain about a lack of money, you are unique.

Do you own one?

Also i forgot to add that the iriver has nearly double the battery life of the ipod...
    i going to buy one if they sell in "Best Buy" czu i badly need the 2yr warranty

By the way mini ipod is not overprice.. ya they r expensive but compare to 128mb ($99) 256mb($199) or even 512MB (like $300) the mini ipod is not bigger than a cell phone probably little bigger than those 256mb mp3 player.. and the ipod design is way better..
    Last edited by Aznmask; 07-12-2004 at 11:10 AM.
    Leo

Originally posted by porsch1909
    a student who doesn't complain about a lack of money, you are unique.
    I work hard for the money I have. And when I can spend it and the reasons are right as I see them, then I will.

I am not wealthy, I'm just smart and good at saving money.
    --Homer Simpson

i going to buy one if they sell in "Best Buy" czu i badly need the 2yr warranty

By the way mini ipod is not overprice.. ya they r expensive but compare to 128mb ($99) 256mb($199) or even 512MB (like $300) the mini ipod is not bigger than a cell phone probably little bigger than those 256mb mp3 player.. and the ipod design is way better..
    They're specs do not match the orice of a similar product from the same company is what I meant. Those flash MP3 players you speak of are expensive because static RAM is not cheap.

All I am trying to say is that there are better buys that the mini iPod in the HDD based MP3 player category.
    --Homer Simpson

Banned
    I just bought the iRiver iHP-120 and it is awesome. It is far far far far far far super groovy far far far far better then the Ipod. Here is why.
    Depending on where you get it the iRiver can be cheaper. Newegg $289 the 20 gig iPod $299. iRiver has FM radio the iPod does not unless you buy the attachemnet which adds weight and size. I like to listen to Mancow and local sports talk and you can't get them live on MP3. iRiver comes with an inline remote. This is very handy. The the player is attached th the hip it is hard to see the display to change the songs unless you have inline remote. ipod that is an extra cost. Iriver has voice recorder but so does iPod. But here is the advantage of iriver. It is better quality with multible formates. It comes with a good quality microphone. iRiver comes with a nice quality leather carrying case with a strong belt loop. iPod you pay extra for that. Windows sees iRiver as an ordinary ho hum 20 gig external hd so you can put your songs on complete with folder the way you orgainzed them on your computer. You can also store all types of files on it. You can also use the software that comes with it if you choose which is great for id3 info. In test and all reviews the iRiver has little better sound then the ipod and boy it sounds great. The iriver is a tad larger but not much. iRiver has a longer battery life and a better type of battery. Its life is 16 hours the new 4th gen iPon is 10 hours.
    iRiver blows away iPod period. If you want to be a lemming buy the trendy over priced iPod or you can do some research and buy one of the better alternatives like , iRiver, connan, Rio , dell and gateway.

UPDATE:

I have bought a memory card for the camera from JandR here in the City for $54.

Now to buy the camera from Newegg.

I may not get the iRiver afterall the issues I am now finding out about.

As for the other stuff, I have decided on a Samsung 17 LCD screen which I will not buy until the school year starts at least.

and I have chosena slightly better paor of headphones by Altec Lansing.
    --Homer Simpson

JandR couldn't get you the camera at a competitive price? Also, if you are near JandR, I'm going to assume you are near B&H. If you let them know you can get it from Newegg for whatever price, they may be willing to make you a deal.
    Richard