Thread: CRC check

CRC check

how do I do a CRC check on files,like .rar,.ace,.zip,.exe,.avi,etc. On all file formats,maybe not all,but most formats,some programs I got do it in SFV,etc. How can I do it so that,I made a rar file and burned it on cd and I wanna check the CRC of the file on the CD to make sure its correct,how can I do that?

i usually just try and extract it back off the cd if it works its good if it doesnt you have a crc error
    procrastinang and masturbating are two of the same

it feels good for the time being but in the end your just ****ing yourself

When your compiling (add) the archive , under Archiving Options , select
    " Put authenticity verification " , This adds a CRC check to the volumes .
    " Put recovery record " , This makes it possible to recover from a CRC error .
    Both will increase the size of the archive and compression time but will greatly increase the chances that a useable archive can be recovered.
    After the archive is finished , right click the file , chose " Test archived file " .
    You could Google a 3rd party CRC Checker, too.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ee&btnG=Search

If you know the compression program works then an easy way is to compress another copy. If both file sizes are exactly the same then you know they are both good copies. It's a lot easier then checking every file if a lot of files were compressed at once.

I keep getting this message when I rar it,I tried it about 5-6 times but it always says invalid or corrupt authenticity information. whats wrong?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\file.rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information

Originally posted by darknavi
    I keep getting this message when I rar it,I tried it about 5-6 times but it always says invalid or corrupt authenticity information. whats wrong?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\file.rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information
    Run scandisk and fix errors before trying to run compression and imaging again. You could have corrupt files that scandisk will catch.

I created a New Folder and then created a text document(empty) in it,then I try to rar it,but I get the same error

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\New Folder.rar: Invalid or corrupt authenticity information

I don't think my files are corrupted since I only got a text document in the folder I tested on. Can other things cause the problem?

updated to winrar 3.40 beta 2 and it works now,thanks

whats a good 3rd party CRC checker that I can use when I don't have winrar? Most of time are about sfv,easy sfv creator site is down and I can't seem to download it anywhere at all