Thread: The end of Motherboard Monitor 5

Ultimate Member

The end of Motherboard Monitor 5

The author of MBM 5:

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

has stated that:

Yes you read it right, after thinking about it for several weeks I have decided to stop development on MBM. Over the years many (if not all) clones appeared that tried to do what MBM did. Some succeeded others did not. Some I feel where technically and user wise better then MBM but with an average of 6000 hits a day and coverage on almost every PC magazine in the world it still seems to be the most popular monitoring tool around. And it is better to stop at your peak
    --Jakk

Banned
    Well, MBM5 will still support current mainboards (most) for a while yet, and I would bet someone will come along and offer something similar. I use ITE or HW doctor for comsumer builds, MBM only on my personal unit. I think it's just th extreme tweakers that use that app.

I've been using SpeedFan so won't effect me.

thank god for that

I've always disliked MBM, it's oversized and usually the best temp/voltage/fan mon. tool is whatever the mobo/chipset manufacturer provides.

Sorry mbm but you won't be missed ;o

Ultimate Member

Re: thank god for that

Originally posted by richard_cocks
    I've always disliked MBM, it's oversized
    I agree with that in particular

--Jakk

I d\l'd the latest version yesterday! It's just about the most customisable of all of them out there.

I downloaded it because I had never used it. I have a D865PERL made by intel and MBM will not read the voltages. It does the temp and fan speeds correctly - they match intel active monitor.

I have tried every way I can think of in MBM 5 to get the voltages to read, but it won't do it. I changed sensor type and everything. Oh well.