Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ground Control 2

Vampiel...you must be real good at these type of games...the second one should be harder than the first..I would think ..but its hard to tell unless I play it...
    Maybe you should get the first one..and then you will be king of GC games.
    Sometimes it gets confusing and when you click on something it just doesn't seem to keep up with my actions...of course it never ever does anyway...For instance..I want the men to move to a certain spot and it takes them forever...the Med RV is a way to load them and unload....I'll get it some day....I just get so frustrated and have to stop and quit for awhile...then come back later.... Thanks for he reply on this....

What did you think of the second game overall. I know the graphics are real good and since I like strategy games( good ones ) anyway...One review I read was not as favorable as they said it had a steep learning curve...and was a little quirky in spots..as to control in general.

Since i am in a bit of a finantial crisis and with the best games coming out just around the corner...by the time I get it..the price should be right. I am getting this though sometime.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Vampiel..you are just the person I am looking to talk to....

I have been playing the first one for a couple of days( finally) and am getting a little frustrated on the third level......
    well glad to see another convert, . u may have a better chance of having ur questions answered at the Massive Forums. it has been so long since i have played the SP i am uncertain of the correct answer. so better ask a crowd who is currently playing.

welcome aboard. this will put u right in the Ground Control Forum

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Since i am in a bit of a finantial crisis and with the best games coming out just around the corner......
    sigh...ok at risk of starting a flame war here i just gonna say Ground Control ll is one of the best. it is a given the longer u wait the chances of a price drop ncrease. look at Tribes 1 & Tribes 2, both are free, u just had to wait 4 years.

btw, the first Ground Control is arguably considered a Reat-time Tactical game since there is no resource building, u r given a fixed amount of weaponery so u can focus on tactics and the Art of Warfare.
    Last edited by apainttown; 07-19-2004 at 11:22 AM.

apainttown....Thanks so much for the site and info.....

I know it is always better to go to an actual site rather than asking for help or suggestions here.....seems they have a fan site or fourm for just about everytihng under the sun nowadays.....

Sometimes I feel a bit cocky ...like I can beat this ..no problem.and then begin to see the hammer thrown my way....I like a challenge ..as long as it is not so hard as to deter me from wanting to play it again....Muti-linear 3D action Stratregy games are so nice visually....it is really alot of good fun.I will never ever cease to be amazed at what they are giving us or showing ion the way of graphics these days....amazing stuff. It would be most interesting to see how they actually do it.If you look at the credits in alot of games..its like a 4 star movie with all the people who work behind the scenes to create it

Again ..thanks for the site info and nice communication

P.S. i did just sign up for the site you gave..thanks!
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Also, I do have Tribes 2 and for some reason when I play it ..i put it aside and it stays in the deep freeze for some reason....it does have alot of promise...and every time someone like yourself brings it up..it gets my juices stirred a bit to want to go back and play it again......

I have ALOT of games by most any standards....and plan to get ahold of alot more...

Finished the demo a couple of days ago and yes..I am going to buy this game as one of my next purchases.....just before Doom3 and HL2..when I will be broke anyway....

I am on the seventh level of the free first game GC 1 and its a bit quirky..but I really like it alot..esp...when you can get up close and see all the real action..which looks far better and more etailed ..than I would expect it to be...from afar it looks so simple

I know we have discussed this game GC 2 and think that since my budget is tight and I can only buy one game per month now tops...I think I will get this...

What I want to know ( and hopefully Vampiel and or Jak will see this) , both of you have this game and seem to like it alot..and i respect your opinions about games ect...if you were me would you buy this or something else.....

I have a short list of games..( some past or just recent) I want and also..have not gotten Rise of Nations yet either..as I like this game alot also for strategy type gaming...

Another addon I want real bad is the one for C & C Generals..which has gotten real good reviews...( gotten through the allied side..all of and the Chinese sideup to the eighth level in the first one)

Ultimate Member
    Im not a massive fan of RTS games, but Ground Control II is one of the few i've come across that i woudl recommend buying. With Doom III out next week you might want to hold off and get that instead though, it all depends what your bag is and how much you can afford to spend on games.

Overall though GCII is well worth the asking price on it's own merits.

--Jakk

I've come sooooooo close to buying GCII, it's not even funny. I just can't spend more than $30 on a game right now if it's not Doom 3. So I guess I'll pick up Deus Ex 2 and be happy with that until Doom 3 comes out.

Yeah..hard choice...but since I it won't kill me to wait a bit on Doom 3...I believe i will get this....GC 2

Whether you like 3D type strategy games or not...( and I also am pretty picky here) ...its all about the action and graphics for me...
    I just love the cinematics and all these elements coming together..as its just plain exciting....

I'm sure if I get the real itch...I will come up with the necessary capital to get Doom 3..if I feel i can't wait any longer....

With HL2 coming out in September( general concensus)..and then Doom 3 wil be out...its going to be a long fall..and some pocketbooks are going to drain..baby.

Also, bob, I have re-read some really better reviews than originally put out for Deus EX 2 and someday I think I will get this also....

Just so many good games out and coming around the corner....what are we going to do??

GC2 is a very good game and worth the money. Just be ready for some tough battles ahead.

Originally posted by Vampiel
    GC2 is a very good game and worth the money. Just be ready for some tough battles ahead.
    You play online yet? How is it?

The only thing that worries me..is I know from playing the first one..how tough the battles can be..but I guess its a matter of how well you are at using all thats in your control....

I guess thats why they call it by the name it is...

I read your post Vampiel about finishing it..and just how many times did it take you to get through certain levels?? I had no problem with the two levels of the demo at all..but thats just a tiny sample of the whole pie...

I am stuck on the first one at the No Win situation level and its just plain insane....opposing forces have everything coming at you from four sides and they just appear out of nowhere..ugh!(The men are so darn slow at getting anywhere..but seem to do more damage than the vehicles in alot of cases.)

Online must be insane also...wonder how many people play it online and if there are enough servers to wet the appetite.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 07-30-2004 at 11:57 PM.

No I havent played it online yet. It took me at least 2 or 3 tries to beat some of the levels.

Two or three tries is nothing....you must be quite good at these games...

On another note not related... I finally got through Far Cry on the challenging mode....I ahve that last part of the Volcano down pat now.....five Mercs come at you when you are at the door upon starting the final phase....boy....I found the big machine type gun with the magazine load just eats them up aimed at the head....

The very end was dissapointing..considering all we had to go through to that point...the professor guy was such a whimp...

Those Mercs got to be some of the best Monsterbad guys I have seen to date by far....such good animation and theatrics.....yuck yuck....makes me laugh alot out loud...

I am going to play it again tonight ..later sometime..( wonder if I should try the last hardest level or just play it normal....
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 07-31-2004 at 09:21 PM.