Thread: More comments about Far Cry....

More comments about Far Cry....

I am now playing Far cry for the third time....,this time on the veteran mode....and I was also interested in the fact that I have my video card set on 4X AA & AF...to play everything..just to see what it looks and plays like all around...and I also set the options to medium AA in the game for the settings.....and.....

This game once again( even though it is very old news now) has got to have the best graphics going...
    Just on the first level ..while looking at the marvelous foliage on and about the island and the water..ect...it looks just spectacular on these settings....It looks like a whole new game to me.

The plants...tree trunks...birds...and even the newly seen flowers all about that I never saw before when I played it on a normal setting previously...its just amazing color and detail...and even the indoors scenes ..whatever are just 100% better defined and loook fantastic....

I am running a FX5900 card..which is apretty good card...and feel so sorry for those who cannot see this game in all its glory( lesser cards)

In alot of games...adjusting the settings up a few notchews..usually just smooths edges out or defines certain things a bit better..but in this game....everything..esp. the island foliage..comes to full life and the detail is like night and day...

I love this game.......I an see myself playing it over and over for years to come....because it has so much to offer...

It would be a crying shame..( little pun) if they Crytek..did not make a sequel to this..and build on a certain franchise...
    Teaming with EA is still questionable ...but I think they will keep the patent( I hope) on their game engine..and design staff..

For those who have the 6800 and above video cards and also the 800XT's or equivilent...I wonder how this looks with all the settings cranked up...WOW!

I just had to share this...as I was simply amazed..and really didnot expect such a huge difference in quality...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33763728

Screenies of X800XT-PE running various games, including Far Cry at high resolution and AA/AF.

--Jakk

Man those Far Cry screens are sweet. Too bad i can't afford one of those video cards right now. I'll be probably buying a new system in two years, after i'm done with college.

The game just looks gorgeous with any top end card.....

Like I was saying...I had some doubts when I first ran the game about the graphics getting that much better..but for some reason..this game allows for some awesome changes..and improvements...

Alot of areas just get better defined ....water,foliage comes to life and the colors improve and stand out...
    When I upped the settigs..I also noticed the immense detail in the characters..inside of buildings...everything....

In those screenies the one that caught my eye was the hang glider..look at its detail and smoothness...amazing!

One probelm i have with my card is overall speed..in places such as when you are shooting at two or more enemies..in an action sequence..it tends to have some slow motion or speed issues...
    This game pushes the cards to some limits and if you were to get one of those new cards...I bet everything will run full throttle on everything at top settings...nice.

I keep playing it over not entirely for the gameplay..but for the fact that the scenry and graphics just take my breathe away. It just seems like a new game every time I play it...( look at this look at that..ect..ect.. )

One word about this game....

Some serious eye candy going on here
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 08-01-2004 at 10:33 PM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

One word about this game.... Some serious eye candy going on here

that is 7 words...

seven serious words here..... some serious eye candy going on here....Hooya!

farcry is very pretty i will admit that... i've got a 9800pro so i can run everything pretty high and still play decent fps, however i still am not much for single player games, altho i did play this one i couldnt finish it... i got bored like i always do and the multiplayer just isnt that great, however some day i will finish it... i'm just waiting for one of those days when i'm bored and have nothing to do

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    seven serious words here..... some serious eye candy going on here....Hooya!
    and that would be 8
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing