Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ground Control 2

Ground Control 2

http://www.groundcontrol2.com/module...ry_and_copters

Check out some of these screen shots. This game look's insane!

I predict you will use the choppers and other air power to take out artillery. If you dont it look's like it will chew up your army to pieces before they even get to the front lines.
    Last edited by Vampiel; 07-05-2004 at 01:12 AM.

yes it is intense!!

oh,,I have the frist one, wow that looks pretty insane. ill have to watch this one.

those catapults are pain in the fanny.
    great game through, i love how you can zoom into anything.
    hi stranger!

Hey, they already have a demo out, it must not be too far away.

This game has just gotten the best reviews.....

I have the demo and I don't think this shows the depth of this game clearly...

Personally...I just loved C and C Generals and this game is along those same lines and possible alot better. For me the intense 3D graphics are what I love and this does look insane. I believe this will have full Mutiplayer support also ..so thats a plus for those who like this.Also, the current trend is for more 3D type strategy games..versus the old two dimensional games of the past we all loved..
    This game got a 9 out of ten from PC Gamer review and I expect it to be very popular.

What great looking graphics..nice!
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 07-06-2004 at 10:45 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Just finished the demo, and wow, that is a very fun game! I might have to cop this when it finally comes out, I just hope I still have money.

Yeah, this game sort of caught my attention. Has anyone bought this game and give a critical review?
    I'm pretty picky when it comes to what games I do and do not buy. The game LOOKS awesome but I'm more interested in the gameplay and how multiplayer works out.

I don't think the game is out yet..but I will look up some info on it and get back to you...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    I don't think the game is out yet..but I will look up some info on it and get back to you...
    General : Ground ControlĀ® II: Operation Exodus In Stores Now!

Vivendi Universal Games and Massive Entertainment are proud to announce that Ground ControlĀ® II: Operation Exodus, the next installment in the Ground ControlĀ® franchise, is out on the shelves in Europe and Asia today. The game has been finalized and localized in more than 12 languages.

The game has received rave reviews for its action-packed strategic gameplay. Command your troops and take control over the battlefield of Morningstar Prime. Win by conquering strategic locations and use the terrain to you advantage. Experience combat under beautiful skies and in stunning landscapes, full of incredible detail.

http://www.groundcontrol2.com/modules/news/
    EB Games claim to ship it in 24 hours: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242112.asp

I believe it is now out.

I have it, but im to caught up in space colony, which is not everyone's cup-o-tea, but it suprised me as to how good it was. I'll start playing once I own these dreaded, hard, alien's im fighting in space colony, wow this is tougher than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I saw it in the store the other day. I guess I'll just pay attention to the thread until someone posts something about what they think about the game

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Rabbitrunner51
    It has been availiable for quite some time now... if you know where to look

--Jakk

The game is out now in most places....including Amazon.com

Incredible reviews......all five star

It does have good mutiplayer play and some of the best 3D graphics to date.

One point of note is that you do need a very good updated system(high end) to play it....which most of you here have..as do I.

I have been playing this for the last 2 day's and I give it an 8/10. The play is very realtime war strategy like.

You have to take key point's on the map in real time, and if you dont defend the point's while you are going along the enemy will take them back, so it make's it very challenging. There are also 'landing zones' for your cargo plane to land re-inforcment's in, and needless to say if you lose all of your lz's then your dead so you have to defend them with a good force and scrounge up an offensive force.

For the most part there arent any timer's, like I said, it's real-time so if you dont take x point fast enough, you will be overwhelmed b/c they usually have more lz's than you and you have to take them out or the more re-inforcements they will recieve, WHILE defending your lz(s) and strategic location's.

As you can see in the picture's there are artillery pieces, though hard to use properly b/c you need a spotter, and the enemy move's after you start hitting them with it.

Ive always been a big fan of air power b/c of the speed and firepower it give's, so I always get alot of choppers and they are pretty effective though if they have alot of AA they get chewed up pretty easily.

There is more strategy involved in this than Warcraft III, and the graphic's are very good.

Excellent game, and it also has a pretty good storyline that has me wanting to know more as of right now the story grabbed my attention as opposed to most other games like this like red alert, etc.. were just kind of generic stories that didnt do much for me. Though warcraft III's storyline was better. Probobly the best for a RTS.

I havent tried it multi-player yet, but it's seem's like it would be very fun.
    Last edited by Vampiel; 07-10-2004 at 05:23 PM.